[MOG Actor/Party HUD MV] Conditional actor faces?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by FeliPereira97, Jul 30, 2018.

1. FeliPereira97

FeliPereira97 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are the plugins I'm talking about: MOG Actor HUD and MOG Party HUD. They add HUDs with faces related to the actors IDs.

My problem is I have characters whose clothes change during the game, or that their looks depends on what gender/species the player chooses, so it'd be not only exhausting to create an actor to each gender/look/species, it'd nearly impossible to transfer all data from one actor to another, etc.

Since the plugin doesn't give us any option for that (I've already requested this option to the creators, but I'd appreciate some help if they don't answer me), I'd like to know if anyone knows how to change the actor face shown in-game via script calls (whether it's in a conditional branch or not) without having to change the actor.

Example: Actor 4 can be either male, female or non-binary, and their faces change depending on what option the player chooses. If the player chooses the male character, I want the male face to show up on Actor HUD (the file is "Face_4", and the plugin assigns the face according to the actor ID), if the player chooses the female character, I want the female face to show up, etc.
    I can make a small demo if my explanations are not clear.

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks in advance

2. WhiteW

WhiteW The Murderous Clown Veteran

First Language:
    EN/PT
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can do that already without scripts.

[​IMG]

Boa sorte com o seu jogo.

3. FeliPereira97

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the reply, but that won't actually work.
    This plugin picks an image that needs to be manually put inside a specific folder with a specific name.
    So if I put Super Mario's face as Actor_1.png inside the actorhud folder, that's what is going to show up on the actor hud.
    So unfortunately I'll need more than that, since the plugin doesn't consider the current actor database's Face. :/

Obrigado de qualquer forma! :)

4. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. FeliPereira97

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses: