MOG chorono engine ABS mode reborn enemy

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by arashiya, Jun 30, 2019.

1. arashiya

arashiya Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know if its a stupid question but I just can't find how to reborn the enemy when it is killed
    it is disappeared even re-enter the map

I checked the chrono engine and follow exactly what it did
    but no idea where or how to make the event appear again

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if you create an enemy with a self switch A is on and a blank page after, it wil never return back to life.

3. arashiya

arashiya Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thanks for reply

yes I open a blank page and give a self switch just same as the demo did
    but the enemy in the demo will reborn after re-enter it and mine cannot..
    i just can't figure out why...

so..how can I call it back when re-enter the map?

4. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if it has a selfswitch, than i asume to check the demo and double click on the enemy if you see anything as info there.
    otherwise, check the database for the common events that might be used to turn selfswitch A OFF

5. arashiya

arashiya Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    got it thanks!

6. Sanjha36

Sanjha36 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Also, For anyone having trouble with all the enemies on the screen engaging in the battle, I found a work-around =D! I tried to be as detailed as i could, but please let me know if you need any help! I know this is a long process, but it has to be done if you don't want random enemies flying across the screen!

You will need 2 plugins from Yanfly:
    -- Region restrictions
    --Region common events

Set up:
    -- a Variable called "Enemy Aggro"
    -- x Switches labeled "Enemy Aggro 1", " Enemy Aggro 2" ... etc. (Where x is the numbers of different battle groups you want
    -- x Switches labeled "E Grp 1 Visible" , "E Grp 2 Visible" ... etc.
    -- x Switches labeled "E Grp 1 Transfer", "E Grp 2 Transfer" ... etc.
    -- x Common Events, Named "Enemy Aggro 1" ... etc.
    --> Inside each common event, Turn the corresponding Enemy Aggro Switch on, and Set the Variable = to the Enemy group/aggro number.
    -- A separate Common event named "Enemy aggro 0", that turns OFF all the Enemy Aggro switches, and sets the Enemy Aggro variable = to 0. (this is used for the boundary around each enemy group region on the map).

Lastly, Because Chrono Engine assigns the enemy to the event ID, once an enemy is 'activated' the event ID will forever cause that enemy to become active in a battle when visible on the screen. Even if you use YEP_EventMorph to change the event, the event ID is the same, so the enemy will still be active in a battle on the screen. the image doesn't matter either. Therefore:

--For each enemy event on the map, make a separate "blank enemy #" event. This will be used to switch places with the actual enemy event, in order to place it off of the visible screen.

1. Pick the Region numbers that you want to assign to the different battle groups. Also choose a region that will call the common event "Enemy aggro 0". (I'm using parallax maps, so I just used the region that I'm using for the character to walk on.)
    2. Inside the YEP_RegionEvents plugin, set each enemy group region = to the corresponding Common Event. (also don't forget to go into the Region Restrictions plugin and make all the regions passable)
    2b. On the map, 'paint' each enemy group with the corresponding region number, making sure that the region is bigger than the aggro range. also make sure that the border of each region has your "enemy aggro 0" region placed, making sure there isn't a way to diagonally miss the region.
    3. On the enemy event, name each event "E1", "E2" ... etc. (For the number of enemies on the map). Have the 1st page blank with just the enemy graphic (and movement)
    4. On the 2nd page, have the two comments with the enemy ID, and walk_nearby #. Also, set the condition for the 2nd page to the "Enemy Aggro #" Switch (the number corresponding to the enemy group that you want to be active).
    5. On the 3rd page, Set the condition to the enemy aggro variable > or = to the number above the current group. (ex: if the enemy is in group 1, set the variable to 2). For the contents of the page:
    ----Turn switch E Grp # Visible on
    ----Set Event Location: Exchange with blank enemy # (the number of the current enemy)
    ----Turn switch E Grp # Transfer on
    ----******* make sure the trigger is set to "parallel"
    6. On the 4th page, set the condition to the "E Grp # Transfer" switch on.
    7. Now, on each corresponding blank enemy event, have the first page blank (so that they aren't just hanging out visible on the map!)
    8. On the 2nd page of each blank enemy event, set the condition to the switch "E Grp # visible", and the contents to:
    ----Conditional Branch: If enemy aggro = 0 (this is your enemy aggro variable)
    inside the conditional branch:
    ----Set event location: exchange with event E# (the actual enemy event #)
    ----Turn the switch "E Grp # Visible" to OFF
    ----Turn the switch "E Grp # Transfer" to OFF
    --- :End
    !*!*!* Make sure the Trigger for the 2nd page is also set to "parallel"
    9. Test it out!

This is a bit of a process, but once you do it for a certain # of enemies on a map, use those as your "template" and just change the enemy graphics for the rest of the maps! Hope this helps someone!!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    arashiya likes this.