MOG Chrono Engine RMMV - Battle animation/sprite, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My problem is: When you choose a main character and put the name of the file, for example, $zidane.png, all other poses are varied from that name, like $zidane_idle.png, $zidane_damage.png, etc.

However, when the battle starts, the plugin uses the same image as the character, $zidane.png to stay in battle mode. Certainly the spritesheet is shared with both walking and battling animations.

I would like a help or direction from which part I can change in the plugin to add another pose for the battle mode.

My goal is, for example, when entering the battle mode the character changes the image to one holding a sword, exactly as in Chrono Trigger.

I tried to make several changes with the little knowledge I have, but as I know nothing but to observe and do something similar to something already done inside the plugin, I need help.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure if this is what you've been waiting for but made this for another user (@spitzfire1985) not too long ago...

Suppose I'll release it, although it's not quite done...

let me know how it goes...hope all works as you need :)

Last edited:

Kurot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this is what you've been waiting for but made this for another user (@spitzfire1985) not too long ago...

Suppose I'll release it, although it's not quite done...

let me know how it goes...hope all works as you need :)

I ended up doing another topic because a moderator warned me about reliving other topics. But it was exactly what I was needing. In fact, it went much further with the defense style. Thank you very much for your help! Love you <3

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I ended up doing another topic because a moderator warned me about reliving other topics. But it was exactly what I was needing. In fact, it went much further with the defense style. Thank you very much for your help! Love you <3
No prob! Glad to help out. I still may update it even further maybe at some point.

Well anyways as always...

Happy Game Making! :cutesmile:

FlintX

ChronoEngine enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there @ct_bolt! I was peeking through the codes lines of your plugin extension for MOG_CharPoses and I was wondering if the "faint" pose code could be somehow replicated and turned into something like a weak/hurt pose that triggers when the battlers HP hits a certain threshold. Between 1% and 30%, or a customizable value maybe? I was trying to make it myself but i'm afraid i'm not going anywhere with it.

I was also trying to inject a draw/unsheat weapon animation pose directly to MOGCharPoses myself and attempt to make the pose trigger at the start of chronomode.phase 1 somehow, somewhere before the actual fight start. But it broke the whole thing :p.

Also, it seems like @Restart Cross Engine "Unlocked Frames" feature doesn't affect your plugin poses file names, and so they are stuck bond to the original character filename pose frames, speed, etc. using it with Cross plugin tends to causes some issues where the characters' models gets stuck in stepping animation, and the poses don't refresh into another until the end of the fight. But I managed to find a way to work around that with MOG plugin commands. They are incredible.

Anyways. If someday you ever feels like those poses would be a good addition for your plugin I would be very grateful to having them added. Please, don't take this as criticism or as a request in any way. I'm actually using your plugin in my project and i'm already satisfied with what it can do. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-G-Games