(MOG) Chrono Engine x Pick Up and Throw Issue [Can't Move Player]

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by DaneReid, Apr 2, 2019.

1. DaneReid

DaneReid Musician Veteran

Adding the chrono engine and pick up and throw plugin together gives me an issue with movement in the game. For some reason I can't move my character. But I can move the cursor in the title screen and menu which is odd. I know for a fact that it's both those plugins giving me that issue because I disabled every other plugin but the two to see if I still get that issue which I do. If I disable one or the other though, I'm able to move. Did anyone have the same issue? Or knows how to fix this issue? I tried contacting moghunter but haven't gotten a response. I've posted the project below so you can see for yourself. Also the source of the plugin.

EDIT: I also checked the original Chrono Engine Project to see if it works there and it works perfectly fine. I can't seem to figure out why It works there but not on any new projects.

Project Demonstration:

Source of Plugin:
    https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    John_Perry likes this.
  2. John_Perry

John_Perry Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have exactly same issue. Is there any help?

3. biud436

biud436 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You must create at least one tool event in the tool map.

John_Perry likes this.
  4. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I found this thread while trying to hunt down the same bug, and since it's vaguely on-topic, I figured I'd post the solution I used.

If you have yanfly's item core installed along with pick up and throw, it also prevents you from moving.

This is because Chrono Engine in general doesn't like Itemcore. The item list doesn't get fetched properly the first time, so the fix is actually really simple.

Here's the compatibility fix:
    Code:

var _mog_toolSys_gmap_setup = Game_Map.prototype.setup;
    Game_Map.prototype.setup = function(mapId) {
       _mog_toolSys_gmap_setup.call(this,mapId);
       this._treasureEvents = [];
       this._battlersOnScreen = [];
       this._enemiesOnScreen = [];
       this._actorsOnScreen = [];
       $gameSystem._toolsOnMap = [];
       $gameTemp.clearToolCursor();
       //console.log($gameSystem._toolsData);// with itemcore installed, this always returns an empty array []
       //without itemcore, it returns 'null' on the first map, then the proper item  list, so clearly _toolsdata isn't getting set right
       //I assume the 'null' gets overridden by one of yanfly's blanket definitions, and since I can't find that
       // I'm just testing to see if the list is empty.  If it is, grab the tools again
       // it seems to work!
       //if (!$gameSystem._toolsData) {this.dataMapToolClear()};
       if (!$gameSystem._toolsData) {this.dataMapToolClear()
           }else{ if ($gameSystem._toolsData.length == 0) {this.dataMapToolClear()};
           }
       for (var i = 0; i < $gameParty.members().length; i++) {
           var actor = $gameParty.members()[i];
           actor.clearActing();
           $gameSystem._toolHookshotSprite = [null,null,0];
       };
    };
    So if you want to get this moghunter plugin to work with yan's, try this.

Now, in addition, if you want to be able to guard, you need to turn on the 'Midgame Note Parsing' setting in item core. I have no idea why shields are the only thing that matters for, but that's how you solve it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    ZennpaiSkoll likes this.
  5. ZennpaiSkoll

ZennpaiSkoll Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Restart Dear stranger of the rpgmaker community. THANK YOU SO MUCH! It works, I can finally sleep!! The Midgame note parse is a must for the ATB mode. I felt obligated to do this because I wanted an unarmed weapon with no dayum x1 next to it. Augments work too now so that's a plus.

I had tried reaching out to MogHunter in the past to no avail. It was only because I am no coder, I learned basics to the language in college but it still so boring to me. I literally sit through hours of trial and error trying to make the right calls. I've studied this system and mv scripts for about a year now and have been slowly changing the chronoengine code. I think it is actually really well done, just needs a few improvements. The last few things I am trying to solve at the moment are this.

The engine and pose plugin do a lot of back and forth. I want to make it so Guard pose works for the Guard command. The prototype is called
    .isGuardingCN but when I try to add this to the if check in the guard pose line nothing happens. Also changing the Pose if check from .isGuarding to .isGuardingCN it fails.

The chrono battle screen works like an autorun event so when I tried to put play a blood animation on death state nothing happens. I considered trying to modify the main mv code so that the animation would play when death state is applied but couldn't find the line.
    Miss doesn't play Miss SE and I don't think Counter or Reflect rates do anything at all, which is kinda unfortunate.

The last thing might be my biggest challenge so far, I have managed to change the code so I could manipulate game over and special death outro. It works just how I wanted it to. However from the moment I started tinkering, I've wanted to make an additional phase that simulates the Troop events. I'm trying to make it identical to Chrono Trigger where many of the bosses don't just die. For normal fights the collapse effect is fine. But I want to figure out how to stop battle when boss hp hits 0. Then I can play an event where the boss can flee or transform for longer and more epic fights.

Ugh anyways with all that, i am still very happy that I stubbled apon this thread. This has been my very first post on the RPGmaker forums. Any insight would be much appreciated. I figured this might be a good place for the problems I've been trying to solve. Thanks again.

6. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Wow thanks, I was looking for this! However, by adding this I get a new error: The normal Attack isn't available anymore In Chrono mode. No error, but when I select Attack in battle, i just get the error buzzer sound. I hope you'll look into that at some point :)