VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't figure out how to make it stop. There is no sound call in the event itself, but it seems to happen whenever I touch or interact with an event with text in a map.

Something as simple as this will play the Item3 sound.
I'm using MOG's Chrono/ABS battle system plugins I've tracked the SE to one of the Chrono Engine Plugin below, but the Treasure SE plays even when nothing is in the event.

Does anyone have experience with this plugin and this problem? Removing the SE from the plugin removes the problem but if there's another way to fix this without changing the Treasure SE I'm all ears.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That shouldn't happen in the base chrono engine - what other plugins do you have?

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Restart Those are the only ones I have in the project. I'm actually editing the project directly and just making my maps below the tutorial section that was included with the pack. I have different ones turned off so I can use the ABS system the way I want, but I don't see why that would affect the SE. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check the
Code:
._user.treasure
attribute of the event in the console. Entry 0 should default to 'null', unless the object was spawned by a dead monster - if it isn't null, we've narrowed it down a bit.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

("RPG Maker MV" is for help with its base functionality, sans plugins)

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Restart I appreciate the help. I've tried researching how to open the console in MV and I can't figure it out. How do I do this?

Also update: Removing the SE from the Chrono Engine plugin didn't work so I'm now unsure where the sound is coming from. I discovered it only happens when I use the Space Bar to interact, clicking to touch doesn't make the sound, so it might be an ABS sound coming through since that key is used for the sword charge.

Last edited:

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured it out. FYI for anyone else using this plugin: I removed the "charging" sound from one of the weapon tool sections (the Lightbringer) and things are working without the SE now

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Restart I appreciate the help. I've tried researching how to open the console in MV and I can't figure it out. How do I do this?
glad you figured it out

to get the console, press f8 in a playtest game.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos