Mog Himawari Title Screen- Hierarchy of image layers (ACE)

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Flashhitter, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Flashhitter

Flashhitter Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    In Mog's Himawari title screen there are multiple images layered on top of each other that form the animated title. (images titles such as layout, particles, sunflowers, background).  Currently the layers go as follows: background in the bottom, then layout, then sunflowers, then on the top is particles.  

How do I change the order of images so that background is on bottom, then sunflowers, then particles, then layout?

Thanks!

2. LTN Games

LTN Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You should provide more information. Are you using a script ? or Show Picture event ? If it's a script, please provide more infor.

The solution to a show picture event is to make the picture number higher to be on top and lower to be on bottom. Here is a screenshot for some extra visual help lol.

picturenumber.png

Flashhitter likes this.
  3. Flashhitter

First Language:
    english
    Sorry, It's a script for an animated title screen

here's a link to the script: 

It's got a video that shows a basic concept of what you can do.  As you can see in the video, the floating particles are on the top.

There's multiple images that are layered on each other with some being still images and others moving around or fading in and out.

I looked through the script and didn't see a section for image order.

4. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh i see you posted this in the script support, I should have looked at which fourm this thread was posted in first lol. Anyways this script dont seem to configurable unless you have scripting knowledge. I have noticed the images are numbered, this may have something to do with the layer that the image is on. Have you tried numbering your images diffrently ?If not give that a shot. It seems the sunflower image is bewlow the character images, and then each character has a number to represent the layer. Again im not sure about this but it looks that way to me.

Flashhitter likes this.
  5. Flashhitter

First Language:
    english
    It's okay hahaha.  The numbering of images is only for the characters that are fading in and out, not for the particles, layout, and sunflower images.

6. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To change the particles layer find the Z value in the random function to a lower value. I put togather these script snippets from the main script and tested this myself it works fine, but I still recommend backing up your project before testing it. You have to change all the Z values in a proper order with the lowest number being the lower layer and a higher number being a higher layer.
    I commented the area you will have to change.
    Layout Z  Value

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● Create Layout #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def create_layout @layout = Sprite.new @layout.bitmap = Cache.title1("Layout")#/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////#Change this z below value to a lower # to put particles below other layersself.z = 25#///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// @layout.z = 10 @layout.opacity = 0 end
    Particle Random  Z  Value

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● Reset Setting #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def reset_setting(initial = false) zoom = (50 + rand(100)) / 100.1 self.zoom_x = zoom self.x = rand(Graphics.width) self.y = initial == true ? rand(480) : (Graphics.height + @cy_size) self.opacity = 255 z = rand(2) if z == 1#/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////#Change this self.z value below to a lower # to put particles below other layers#///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// self.z = 25 self.zoom_x += 0.5 else self.z = 1 end self.zoom_y = self.zoom_x @speed_y = -(1 + rand(3)) @speed_x = (1 + rand(2)) @speed_a = (1 + rand(2)) @speed_o = (2 + rand(8)) end
    Background 1 and 2 Z  Values, background 2 are the sunflowers.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● Create Background #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def create_background @background = Plane.new @background.bitmap = Cache.title1("Background") @background_scroll = [BACKGROUND_SCROLL_SPEED[0],BACKGROUND_SCROLL_SPEED[1],0] @background.z = 0 @background2 = Plane.new @background2.bitmap = Cache.title1("Background_2")#/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////#Change this @background2.z value below to a lower # to put sunflowers below other layers#///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// @background2.z = 1 end

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
    Flashhitter likes this.
  7. Flashhitter

First Language:
    english
    I got it all working!  Thanks so much!  You're the best!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
    LTN Games likes this.
  8. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Glad I could help.