stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just installed MOG Char Particle Effects and it works fine when I start a new game, but it crashes when I continue a game:

1611708182387.png

I think it creates some objects on the new game and when I load an existing game, it tries to use these objects and then crash.

Do you know a way to make it work on an existing game?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, because the plugin must set up its required data when you start a new game, and that data does not exist in your save file. That is why many plugins require you to start a new game after adding them.

Well ... there IS a way, but you would have to modify the plugin to check, when a save file is loaded, and initialize the data if it doesn't already exist. Messy business.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
agree with @Shaz said... when you install new plugin... old save file prior to installing that plugin usually might not work properly... so always start new game when adding new plugin...

unless... your problem actually after you start new game... save the game... and try to continue the 'new' save file and still crash the game... that might be plugin compatibility issue then...

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is a bad new... if I start a new game it will take hours to reach the current advance...

is it valid to ask on the "JS Plugin Requests" forum for a plugin to bypass this problem?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
you can change your starting position to that location... create an event that give you the same state as the save file (level, items, etc)... flip all switch as that save file... modify all variable as that save file... playtest start new game... talk to the event... save the game... then delete that event in editor... then load the savefile...

and i think no one will take that plugin request... since it will be so complicated... because people will never know what other plugin create at the beginning of the game that required by their plugin to work... or when... or even the name of the variable... etc...

unless you're only making ONE specific plugin modification (example the moghunter particle effect). so when people use that plugin and load the game... it will work... then it's still doable... but still lots of plugin maker will feel that's not having 'wide range of userbase' enough to write that plugin modification... so i feel like you might need to commission for that kind of work...

i advice you use the starting location + event technique instead... just make sure you make the event make all your save state the same as your old save.

hope this help...

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

KenKrath wrote on RPGMakerWeb's profile.
Nevermind.
I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhayes