MOG Linear Battle system MV [Knockback Extension]

KuroVuster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, sup and hai (in that order) Vuster here and granted i,m not a fan of starting my first ever post as a form of request, but this has been something that i am surprised is not noted on.

Mog's Linear Battle System for RPG maker MV is just.... so good <3. I have been using it for a while now and gotten quite not horrid as using it
(example of some characters/enemies am working on. Best use of the custom side view sprites iv'e done so far XD)

But one thing does seem to hold it slightly back from being double <3 <3

Custom Knock-back. i am unsure if this is talked about yet, since i have yet to find a conversation relating to it, but some attacks, i would like to Knock back far (whirlwind or a hard punch) or knock upwards (uppercut, water geyser) like if you get what i mean.

If there was a plugin extension to allow that, i think this would be grand, and give a tad more flexibility towards skill creation.

you can see here there is User Motion. unfortunately i am inexperienced in creating scripts for plugins. However, do you think its possible to create an addition to place one that is Enemy Motion? If yes, then whatever is needed i will try an provide to the best of my abilities. and if mog is around. SWEET NANNERS UR A BRILL MOG

ah yes and the original location of Mogs work O:

ah yes, sorry in advance. i am unsure if this belongs in requests or support X.X feel free to beat me with a fish if i did something bad :c​

Last edited:

firststef

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
In the description of this video there is a dropbox download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/poqedep0voko684/MOG LMBS CUSTOM.rar?dl=0

It has a custom-lmbs with the enemy ,,bounce,, ability. Exactly what you are looking for. I found this in the readme

Capture.PNG

Now we have bounce function yay.

Now i,ll ask someone to

PLEASE PORT THIS TO MV!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ONLY AN ADDED FUNCTION SO IT SHOULD BE EASY...

So here is what YOU NEED guys :

MOG,s website for the original script
https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rgss3-lmbs-linear-motion-battle-system/

The modified script in this demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/poqedep0voko684/MOG LMBS CUSTOM.rar?dl=0

Mog,s MV demo for the plugin:
https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-lmbs-linear-motion-battle-system/

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I,VE BEEN WAITING FORALMOST 8 MONTHS NOW. PLEASE JUST LOOK INTO IT. PLEASE.

Last edited:

KuroVuster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump (boop sounds better but i shall bump)

also learned how to easily string skills into boss like movements. so i can have a bit of fun with that while practising. still got the combo issue but i may try and learn after my current piece.

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been awhile. I guess there hasn't been any developments?

KuroVuster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been awhile. I guess there hasn't been any developments?
no update regarding it unfortunately. but hey, it might happen, and if worse comes to worse, i might have to save up to request a commission

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be nice. I'm currently working on a game with this system and I would prefer the knockback to be different. I'm new to this so I'm too afraid to mess with the code and it would be a day of endless trial and error. After images would be cool too.

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi it's me again after a long time. I wanted to share something that I found today because I clearly had nothing better to do this weekend.

I figured out how to increase the knockback distance in the default settings. I know this isn't the bouncing request, but it's something.

So on this line here:

this._lmbs_X -= this._lmbs_Direction === 2 ? -2 : 2;

There's 3 number 2's at the end of this line. The first 2 is the direction the sprite faces, and changing it doesn't work because it makes you face the wrong direction, so leave it alone.

The last 2 of them are the numbers you want to change. the -2 is how far you travel when hit left, and the other 2 is how far you travel when hit right.

So you can change them to something like 5 or 10 and you'll see the difference.

I'm not smart enough yet, but this is a starting point if you wanted to add custom knockbacks for different types of attacks.

Hope this helps someone in the future. Thanks!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy