KuroVuster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, sup and hai (in that order) Vuster here and granted i,m not a fan of starting my first ever post as a form of request, but this has been something that i am surprised is not noted on.

Mog's Linear Battle System for RPG maker MV is just.... so good <3. I have been using it for a while now and gotten quite not horrid as using it
(example of some characters/enemies am working on. Best use of the custom side view sprites iv'e done so far XD)

But one thing does seem to hold it slightly back from being double <3 <3

Custom Knock-back. i am unsure if this is talked about yet, since i have yet to find a conversation relating to it, but some attacks, i would like to Knock back far (whirlwind or a hard punch) or knock upwards (uppercut, water geyser) like if you get what i mean.

If there was a plugin extension to allow that, i think this would be grand, and give a tad more flexibility towards skill creation.
lWmhgWy.png

you can see here there is User Motion. unfortunately i am inexperienced in creating scripts for plugins. However, do you think its possible to create an addition to place one that is Enemy Motion? If yes, then whatever is needed i will try an provide to the best of my abilities. and if mog is around. SWEET NANNERS UR A BRILL MOG

ah yes and the original location of Mogs work O:

ah yes, sorry in advance. i am unsure if this belongs in requests or support X.X feel free to beat me with a fish if i did something bad :c​

Last edited:

firststef

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
In the description of this video there is a dropbox download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/poqedep0voko684/MOG LMBS CUSTOM.rar?dl=0

It has a custom-lmbs with the enemy ,,bounce,, ability. Exactly what you are looking for. I found this in the readme

Capture.PNG

Now we have bounce function yay.

Now i,ll ask someone to

PLEASE PORT THIS TO MV!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ONLY AN ADDED FUNCTION SO IT SHOULD BE EASY...

So here is what YOU NEED guys :

MOG,s website for the original script
https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rgss3-lmbs-linear-motion-battle-system/

The modified script in this demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/poqedep0voko684/MOG LMBS CUSTOM.rar?dl=0

Mog,s MV demo for the plugin:
https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-lmbs-linear-motion-battle-system/

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I,VE BEEN WAITING FORALMOST 8 MONTHS NOW. PLEASE JUST LOOK INTO IT. PLEASE.

Last edited:

KuroVuster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump (boop sounds better but i shall bump)

also learned how to easily string skills into boss like movements. so i can have a bit of fun with that while practising. still got the combo issue but i may try and learn after my current piece.

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been awhile. I guess there hasn't been any developments?

KuroVuster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been awhile. I guess there hasn't been any developments?
no update regarding it unfortunately. but hey, it might happen, and if worse comes to worse, i might have to save up to request a commission

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be nice. I'm currently working on a game with this system and I would prefer the knockback to be different. I'm new to this so I'm too afraid to mess with the code and it would be a day of endless trial and error. After images would be cool too.

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi it's me again after a long time. I wanted to share something that I found today because I clearly had nothing better to do this weekend.

I figured out how to increase the knockback distance in the default settings. I know this isn't the bouncing request, but it's something.

So on this line here:

this._lmbs_X -= this._lmbs_Direction === 2 ? -2 : 2;

There's 3 number 2's at the end of this line. The first 2 is the direction the sprite faces, and changing it doesn't work because it makes you face the wrong direction, so leave it alone.

The last 2 of them are the numbers you want to change. the -2 is how far you travel when hit left, and the other 2 is how far you travel when hit right.

So you can change them to something like 5 or 10 and you'll see the difference.

I'm not smart enough yet, but this is a starting point if you wanted to add custom knockbacks for different types of attacks.

Hope this helps someone in the future. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 4.29.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 4.29.54 PM.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 10

Fillip

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like I'm quite late to the party, but for the next poor soul to find this thread in 3 years or so:

I played around with the plugin and managed to add the following things:
- freely customizable knockback, both vertically and horizontally, so uppercuts etc. are now possible
- freely customizable knockback duration, for flying even longer! (or shorter)
- freely customizable hitstun (this is handled differently from knockback, so you can have the enemy fly for 1 second, but keep him frozen for 5. Not sure if it works vice versa though xD
- added the option to turn off invincibility after being hit. By default you are untouchable for as long as you are stunned. So to make (true) combos possible I added an option to toggle that on and off in the plugin parameters (see Screenshot 8)

I would feel bad posting Moghunters script without their permission here, so instead here's a step by step guide of what I did:

Make a backup (copy paste the plugin somewhere so have a working version in case you mess up)

Open the plugin in the code editor of your choice (worst case even the Windows 'Notepad' works fine, but that one doesn't count lines. Instead I'd recommend downloading Notepad++, it's free and does all you need in this case.

Add the following code at line 79 (see Screenshot 1):

* @param Damage Reaction
* @desc true: battlers stay vulnerable after damage false: battlers are invulnerable during hitstun (default)
* @Default false

Add the following code at line 358 (see Screenshot 2):

var globalSkillID = 1;
var knockbackX = 2;
var knockbackY = 2;
var knockbackDuration = 15;
var hitstun = 30;

Add the following code at line 393 (see Screenshot 3):

Moghunter.lmbsDamageReaction = String(Moghunter.parameters['Damage Reaction'] || 'false');

Add the following code at line 1022 (see Screenshot 4):

var knockbackCounterX = 0;
var knockbackCounterY = 0;
var knockbackCounterDuration = 0;
var hitstunCounter = 0;

Add the following code at line 1034 (also see Screenshot 4):

if (note_data[0].toLowerCase() == "lmbs knockbackx"){
var par = note_data[1].split(':');
knockbackX = Number(par[0]);
knockbackCounterX = knockbackCounterX + 100;
} else {
knockbackCounterX = knockbackCounterX - 1;
};
if (note_data[0].toLowerCase() == "lmbs knockbacky"){
knockbackY = Number(par[0]);
knockbackCounterY = knockbackCounterY + 100;
} else {
knockbackCounterY = knockbackCounterY - 1;
};
if (note_data[0].toLowerCase() == "lmbs knockback duration"){
knockbackDuration = Number(par[0]);
knockbackCounterDuration = knockbackCounterDuration + 100;
} else {
knockbackCounterDuration = knockbackCounterDuration - 1;
};
if (note_data[0].toLowerCase() == "lmbs hitstun"){
hitstun = Number(par[0]);
hitstunCounter = hitstunCounter + 100;
} else {
hitstunCounter = hitstunCounter - 1;
};

Add the following code at line 1149 (see Screenshot 5):

if (knockbackCounterX < 0){
knockbackX = 2;
};
if (knockbackCounterY < 0){
knockbackY = 2;
};
if (knockbackCounterDuration < 0){
knockbackDuration = 15;
};
if (hitstunCounter < 0){
hitstun = 30;
};

Replace the code for 'LMBS is Invulnerable' starting from line 1345 with the following (see Screenshot 6):

Game_Battler.prototype.lmbsIsInvunerable = function() {
if (!eval(Moghunter.lmbsDamageReaction)){
if (this._lmbs_Knockback[3] > 0) {return true};
};
return false;
};

Replace the code for 'LMBS is Knockbacking' starting from line 1392 with the following (see Screenshot 7):

Game_Battler.prototype.lmbsUpdateKnockback = function() {
this._lmbs_Knockback[2]--;
this._lmbs_Knockback[4]++;
var gpower = this._lmbs_Knockback[1] == 2 ? this.lmbsGravityPower() : this.lmbsGravityPower() / 2;
if (this.lmbsCanFly()) {gpower = this._lmbs_Knockback[1] == 2 ? this.lmbsGravityPower() : 1;}
var gpower2 = this._lmbs_Knockback[1] == 2 ? this.lmbsGravityPower() : 3;
if (this._lmbs_Knockback[4] < knockbackDuration) {
this._lmbs_Y -= this.lmbsCanFly() ? -gpower2 : knockbackY;
if (this._lmbs_Y < $gameSystem._lmbsGroundHeight) {
this._lmbs_X -= this._lmbs_Direction === 2 ? -1 * knockbackX : knockbackX;
}
} else if (this._lmbs_Knockback[4] < (knockbackDuration / 15 * 25)) {
this._lmbs_X -= this._lmbs_Direction === 2 ? -1 * knockbackX : knockbackX;
this._lmbs_Y += gpower;
} else {
this._lmbs_Y += gpower;
};
if (this._lmbs_Knockback[2] <= 0) {
this._lmbs_Knockback[1] = 0;
this._lmbs_Knockback[2] = 0;
this._lmbs_Knockback[4] = 0;
this._lmbs_Knockback[5] = 0;
this.lmbsSetTarget();
};
};

Last but not least save the whole thing and you're good!

Now to use the new features just add the following new notetags for your skills, just like all the other ones that already exist:
LMBS KnockbackX: 2
LMBS KnockbackY: 2
LMBS Knockback Duration: 15
LMBS Hitstun: 30

These numbers are the default values the plugin used before. Of course you can change them however you like. Any skill that you don't assign any of these notetags to will default to these values like before.

When it comes to programming I am an absolute amateur and only scraping on the surface, so any real programmer would punch me for this code. But it's definitely still better than having nothing at all ^^

Here's a quick video of me trying out the new features, balacing this will be a pain -.-

I'm not really active at all on this site, so if you have a question and I don't respond for a while, feel free to send me a mail to
[ISPOILER]andreas.kieling@mail.de[/ISPOILER]

If you'll excuse me, I'm off rebuilding and rebalancing my entire combat system now xD

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    59 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 3.png
    Screenshot 3.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 4.png
    Screenshot 4.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 5.png
    Screenshot 5.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 6.png
    Screenshot 6.png
    65 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 7.png
    Screenshot 7.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 8.png
    Screenshot 8.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 3

KuroVuster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
akqvdf0qwkz31.jpg
good lord ya flipping pulled it off O.O your a bloody legend! I am currently working on a demo for a traditional RPG with MZ but I kept my Mog Project to experiment with or make more characters for the future, but later when I get the chance I will tell u or email the results of your work. i would jump ASAP to check but I know if I do I will never finish my current project XD so I gotta TRY and hold myself back a tad.

for real tho it might even be a nice idea to show it to moghunter emself and ask if the nugget can add it to the base script (naturally crediting your hard work O:)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

today is my birthday
Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Br8228