RMMV Mog_BattleHud. Keeping the actor portraits aligned, no matter the odds.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. First, pardon the ugly battle UI you are about to see, I chose not to commit into making good art until I make sure everything works in my game's battle system.

The problem today is that I can't figure out how to align the actor portraits, with less than four actors in the party. If I align it for two actors, when another one joins in, it gets ugly. I think the problem is born from the fact my game is being made in 16:9, 1920x1080 and visual plugins such as Mog_BattleHud are not made for this kind of resolution.

Unfortunately, this is the only plugin I found that gives me such freedom to express the visual style of my game. Summoner Dude or Victor Saint's plugins are comparatively restrictive, at least from the perspective of a newbie such as myself. Anyways, in the gallery below there are pictures of the problem, the plugins installed and the Mog_BattleHud configs.

The first picture shows how it looks when it is working, with four party members. But with less, it gets ugly. The third picture shows what happens when I summon a party member, it looks even worse! And the core mechanic of my game is summoning, so I really need to make this work or scrap having the player portraits altogether.

Thank you. Moghunter's plugins can be found here: https://mogplugins.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/

Edit: I decided to boot the Moghunter plugins demo, but before that I removed three of the five party members to see how the battle UI would look in the original project, and it aligned perfectly fine. So that leads me to believe that the problem comes from the aspect ratio.

I still want help, though!

Last edited:

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mekiboss