MOG_Weather_EX duplicating/reloading ALL weather layers when adding new layer or clearing weather

shukiri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using Mog's plugin to show multiple layers of weather in battle. Assuming you've already setup some weather on the map, if you then use one of the plugin commands, such as (weather : 3 : 2 : 2 : 100 : 2 : Fire_01A) or (clear_weather: 10) in battle with a troop event or common event then somehow the existing weather layers duplicate themselves. If you told it to show one leaf, it starts showing 2 and then 3 and so on every time the plugin command is called.

Also seems kind of unnecessary to update ALL the layers like that when only one has changed.

Plugin: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-weather-ex/

Any ideas?

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
better show your screen shot of setting
never find that problem

shukiri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can easily reproduce the issue:
  1. Start a new game and enable MOG's weather script and put the weather images folder from MOG's demo in your image folder
  2. Put some weather in the default map notetags (let's use "weather : 0 : 0 : 40 : 1 : 0 : Leaf_02B")map.png
  3. In the first enemy's troop tags, call a common event on turn end. In that common event, add a new weather layer on a new layer (using some other img to differentiate here "weather : 1 : 4 : 20 : 20 : 0 : Bubble_01B")troop.pngcommon-event.png
  4. Make an event where you battle that enemy. Now watch as the plugin duplicates the leaves when it adds the bubbles.

This setup only shows one duplication, but in my battle system, the weather is constantly changing depending on skills, so it gets ridiculous when you have 5,000 leaves after a few changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally did a test of sorts for the opening of my game... ... including this shot here.
My current status!?
It might be... QUAKE!!! :o
At least that was true several hours ago. :p
Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejenifferze