Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi

One popular issue I noted with RMMV games are audio lag and bad graphics caching. Audio lag isn't a problem yet, but sometimes images are just not loading, like the weather pictures for the MOG_WeatherEX plugin, or the icons in the upper right corner for turn order display (solved)

I've searched on the internet, but all the solutions looks outdated, so I dare posting myself about the matter to ask for the most up-to-date solution. What's the simplest way to precache game files ? (Yes, I'm ready to pay a few secods of loading time if it's for all the assets to show properly :( )

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unfortunately that block of functions is rather complex, and simplest way is not always the most effective.

there are different possible causes, and you need to find out why something happens before you can move to prevent the effect.

Load delay is not the same as failed to load - load delay is mostly based on filesize and exactly that - it delays, it never fails.
failed to load is usually a problem of filenames and should be handled by renaming the files correctly

in all cases we would need more info about what happens in your game to give more specific help.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course, I thought delay and fails were related to the same problem. I tried to optimize my graphics, and the in-battle animations (for example) seems to load fine. I'll keep an eye on that

However, for pictures sometimes failing to load, I meet two major issues

- Randomly, the weather assets for MOG_WeatherEX doesn't load. Is just a blank map where leaves are supposed to fall, like this :

1632308899503.png

And sometimes, I end with this :

1632309049356.png

Sometimes it even fails to load right at the beginning of the game (no leaves for the prologue screen). But it's purely random (The weather data is in the map notetags so there are few chances it's an eventing problem)

The other major problem I have with, and it occurs even less frequently, is the face pictures of the members of a battle in Yanfly's InBattleStatus Window, and the battler icons from Turn Order Display
not showing. The turn icons are a bit more problematic, as enemies doesn't show at all in the turn order, meaning the player won't really know who will act and when

1632309395012.png

In the case of the status window, closing the window and opening it again makes the graphics appear. For the turn order display, sometimes, a new turn makes the graphics finally appear.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a much better description of the problems, but unfortunately you ignored my comments on the possible causes and gave none of those infos on your pictures.

What is (especially for the first case with the leaves) the filesize of those pictures? both in bytes and in pixels?

What is the filename used for the face picture that is missing, and what is the folderpath to that file (beginning with drive letter and including all folders to the file, something like c:\folder1\folder2\folder3\face.png?)

EDIT: also, please provide screenshots of your plugin manager so that we can see which plugins and in which order you have installed.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a much better description of the problems, but unfortunately you ignored my comments on the possible causes and gave none of those infos on your pictures.

What is (especially for the first case with the leaves) the filesize of those pictures? both in bytes and in pixels?

What is the filename used for the face picture that is missing, and what is the folderpath to that file (beginning with drive letter and including all folders to the file, something like c:\folder1\folder2\folder3\face.png?)

EDIT: also, please provide screenshots of your plugin manager so that we can see which plugins and in which order you have installed.
My apologies

- The filesize of the D:/Backup/img/weather/Leaf_01A.png picture is 404 bytes for a dimension of 18x18 pixels

-
Each face picture is stored in D:/Backup/img/faces folder and is named MonsterX.png or PeopleX.png, depending on if the battler is a monster or an ally. Their size varies from 10kB to 168kB (they have the regular dimension of 576x288)

- Here's the plugin order :
1632313915755.png
1632313945277.png
1632313971532.png
1632314030532.png
1632314059130.png
1632314094659.png

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is neither load delay (files too small) nor a problem with file or foldernames.
But with that large list of plugins, especially from so many different programmers, it is likely that there are several incompatibilities between them causing those problems.

Unfortunately I don't know enough of most of these plugins to even guess which ones are problematic.
you'll have to wait until someone with more specific knowledge checks that list.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump, I kinda solved the problem with the turn order icons, but I still experience the problem where the weather doesn't appear.

I don't seem to find someone who had a similar problem with this plugin specifically. Does someone have an idea ?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A little something I've been working on... :kaosigh:
GoArOw1.png
This is a lot of fun
Posted some halloween freebies! Grab them while on season :kaopride:
hallow_cat.png
So my birthday was about a week ago! Just forgot to post it. I went to a Golden Corral, and it was soooooo good! :kaojoy: I also got some Animal Crossing in my life! Yay, Animal Crossing!
At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephSteamKing