Moghunter Battle HUD - Party members layout help

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by RoseRainblood, Nov 11, 2019.

1. RoseRainblood

RoseRainblood Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there!

I'm using Moghunter's Battle HUD to get my battle layout how I want it to be, and so far it's working great and mostly looking how I want it to.

But one issue I have is the spacing between my party members info boxes when they are in battle. When there are 4 party members the spacing is not too bad, but when there are 2, there is too much space. Here is an example of what I mean:

[​IMG]

Here are the plugin settings in Moghunter Battle HUD:

[​IMG]

I've worked out that 'Space X' is what I need to change to make the spacing less. If I put '-600' in as the value, I get what I'm after for 2 party members. However, when there's 3 or 4 party members, -600 squashes them all together. I'd need '-280' for 3 party members, and '-120' for 4 party members.

So I have two questions:
    1) Maybe there's an easier way to do this. I don't know, but perhaps I need to enter a formula in 'Space X' that shows the right value depending on the number of $gameParty.members() there are? I'm not sure what I'd have to type in, so I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help! I'd really appreciate it!

2) I'd also like the boxes to always stay centered if there are 1, 2, 3 or 4 party members. Does anyone know how I can do that? At the moment I have the 'X-Axis' as '-140' because that centers them with the current Space X of '0', but it doesn't if I change it.

Hopefully that all makes sense! Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know the plugin on its name, but im not sure if you can even use js code in there though.
    to change the 1 actor, 2 actors, 3 actors and 4th actor's to be centered, it must probably be edited
    in the plugin itself or if you dont want to modify it, an alias plugin to correct them.

Does the same thing happen when you place it vertical? (just for testing purpose?

3. RoseRainblood

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, that's unfortunate if I can't put code in there. I guess I'll have to try and edit the the JS file directly then? I'd be okay with that if I knew what I had to do. :yswt:

As for your question, yes it's the exact same in vertical mode as it is horizontal. Nothing changes at all actually.

4. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    before you change the code, make a backup of it but aliasing is mostly the safest way.
    but he question is more, to which part of the code to make the alias of it.

But I hope someone that use that plugin can help you more if they managed to get it centered.

Good luck on your project =)

RoseRainblood likes this.
  5. RoseRainblood

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much! :kaoluv:

Hopefully someone will be able to help! Got my fingers crossed.

6. RoseRainblood

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  7. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

RoseRainblood, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.