Lex1253

Ace Defective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

So, I've been using MOGHunter's Chrono Engine for a while, and I've been trying to make a sparring system/Evented Battle Abort. The closest I've gotten was to fade out the screen and turn off the Chrono Engine, but this doesn't help, as it locks up everything, not allowing any events to play out.

My question is: Is there a way to completely abort a battle mid-way with Events (As they can run parallel to the ATB Battle), or with some obscure plug-in command?

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe in @ct_bolt !!!! If any one is able to do this he will be the guy! I also believe he is working on something like this. I am not 100% sure but I will pay him if he is able to make this happen! Or something similar possibly!??! I will message him today and see what he says.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My question is: Is there a way to completely abort a battle mid-way with Events (As they can run parallel to the ATB Battle), or with some obscure plug-in command?
I believe in @ct_bolt !!!! If any one is able to do this he will be the guy!
On it! Thank you for your confidence. :cutesmile: :thumbsup-right:
Edit: See below...

Last edited:

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Something like this work?

Enable the plugin and then use the following script call:
Code:
$gameChrono.forceEscape()

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would this keep the enemy on the map still?
or would the enemy disappear similar to when using the escape function?

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would this keep the enemy on the map still?
or would the enemy disappear similar to when using the escape function?
Currently just makes them disappear... I could possibly turn on a switch though or something and maybe keep the enemies and just have them function as "non-battle" events... right now the only way to return the "battler events" is to transfer back & forth from maps.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice okay! So maybe what I could do is fade out screen> force escape> Transfer player> Fade in screen> Switch trigger event with cut scene dialog etc.!

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice okay! So maybe what I could do is fade out screen> force escape> Transfer player> Fade in screen> Switch trigger event with cut scene dialog etc.!
Yep yep :cutesmile:
That is how I ended up doing something with this also for now at least... I also might add in some other things like triggering self switches or running custom eval code to possibly try to prevent the events from disappearing but also prevent them from re-attacking immediately...

Lex1253

Ace Defective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a million, CT! I'll definitely try and use this in my project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had a birthday party earlier today. No-one showed up. ;_;
yay my offer is up :) joys
@wrigty12 hi! thanks for showing interest in my work. Sadly the tablet I'm using broke, so I wasn't able to create anything for weeks. Got a new one with display, I'm still not used to it though, so I'm still practicing, doing basic drawings again. Also I'm in my last year of college. Thesis, projects and other activities takes most of my time ;_;.
I'll get back to it whenever I get a free time.
Any artists here planning on participating in the Inktober art prompts this October?
It's right around the corner.
It's rpg maker related so I'll post it here, I worked on a little free rpg maker zine and this was my piece. Play Grimm's Hollow if you haven't already, I liked it a lot. (i don't remember if posting a link to a product even if free is allowed via profile posts, so if anyone knows lemme know)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grung