Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,
In regards to the RPG Maker MV and MZ scripts specifically, Mog went out of his way to delete them and doesn't want people to download them for now. I removed all the links temporarily to respect the creator's wishes. Please wait for him to come back and talk about this on his own time. If you really need his resources, we would like to request to not ask publicly in the official forum as much as possible. We do our best to respect a creator's wishes.

What if I already downloaded all the plugins before he deleted all the links? In fact, I downloaded the MV plugins back in 2019 or 2020. Am I still allowed to use them in my projects?

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's sad to hear for many different reasons, but hopefully he is ok. At least he is safe and it sounds like, if it's something to recover from, he will do.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
That is sad to hear, however, I would be more surprised If I had not expected this before
Alias Conrad Coldwood did the exact thing as Mog and as both of them did the same thing, they take down their YouTube videos, Twitter posts, everything, and there just...gone.

m03271996

ReIris
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese(TW)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like the MOG plugin, so it was really quite sudden to delete the site.
Hope he is well.
If I come back to RPGMaker, I hope MOG will use the fee to get feedback, those things are worth it!

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
There's a number of very obvious ways to dismantle your argument but it's not subject matter that should be openly discussed as it can be harmful. Be mindful.

Glad you got in contact with Mog and that he's not dead
Her message indicates that 1. He deleted the links to the MV/MZ plugins specifically (involving no message exchange with anyone) and then it 2. extrudes from that fact that his desire was to put these plugins specifically (and therefore not the =<Ace scripts) out of public reach. I'm afraid that implies that there was no message exchange, and we have no way of knowing how he's doing.

Let's just be respectful of the situation. I appreciate the concerns of some of your messages, but they're an individual, a human being, and as they've never charged anything for any of their work they also are not indebted to maintain or justify the removal of any specific work. Speculations like "they're going to come back with the plugins behind a paywall" sound hopeful at best, and very rude at worst.

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Funnily enough, these resources have been available for quite a long time, and now I feel the urge to try and locate them. I don't even use the MV/MZ engines! (tho I do own them). I guess I just want them because I can't.

I'm more sad about his videos. I used to wear one of his battle system compilations as a badge of honor, since he spotlighted one of my scripts there. :'(

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It is unfortunate that Moghunter appears to have vanished off the face of the planet, their scripts/plugins were pretty innovative and well-designed (and of course, lovely to look at).

In fact, the ABS that I built for MZ leveraged some of their patterns (see the credits of JABS).

I had been hoping to do a bit of collab work with them and my ABS engine and their up-and-coming "star engine", but it looks like I'll be doing that solo for now.

I do know that on their twitter in the last month they alluded vaguely to irl problems (as @Restart mentioned) along with a few minor compatibility updates to their plugins, so I'm sure they are alive and well. Probably just needed to properly disconnect for a while- we all need that occasionally.

I also doubt they actively made any effort to remove the MV/MZ stuff. Probably just going through a list of "all things web-related" when disconnecting, and indifferently disabled where the data was stored (dropbox/mediafire I think?).

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope Mog is alright whenever he is, not only he is a nice fellow but his creations helped many in their game making :(

Zaeran

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is unfortunate. I've always been a huge fan of MOGs stuff. I'm sad to see them go. Most of all, I just hope they are ok.

matededdneddy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm glad I grabbed the mz master demo I really hope moghunter is alright I love Moghunters plugins and is using them in my rpg maker mz game I just found out today that his site his twitter and youtube had vanished which left me in shocked, I know Mog's been through quite a lot of hell which is why there hadn't been much updates on the mz plugins but I really hope moghunter's gonna be alright their plugins are really amazing.

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
*shrugs* I already downloaded it and I mean it's the forum policy so *shrugs*

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moghunter's Twitter account has been reactivated.

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope moghunter is doing ok and nothing had is happening to him. But the sudden disappear pretty concerning. The statement posted by Archiea says that we can not be reposting, sharing and keep downloading the MV and MZ plugins, but what will happen to the term of uses for those resources that have already been download previously? Shall we wait for him to respond or keep following the previous terms of service? I understand the situation is quite uncertain, but if we can't get clear notifications about the terms of use for the downloaded plugins, none can use any of his resources anymore. Published works might get into trouble, and all the results in the process will be heavily delayed until we hear from mog or the Staffs who talked with him.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@011008 Pretty sure the terms of use when you downloaded it are still in effect, which means you can use it under those terms, as long as you already have the resources.

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@011008 Pretty sure the terms of use when you downloaded it are still in effect, which means you can use it under those terms, as long as you already have the resources.
Which means I only have to follow the specific term of use when I downloaded it?

Hope to have a clear and trustworthy official statement soon; we can not be just guessing around without knowing further details, that would probably cause pressure on copyright for those people who have been using Mog's plugins in their contents.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Which means I only have to follow the specific term of use when I downloaded it?

Hope to have a clear and trustworthy official statement soon; we can not be just guessing around without knowing further details, that would probably cause pressure on copyright for those people who have been using Mog's plugins in their contents.

Yes it was said you can use those resources in the way the terms describe. As long as you have them, you may use them.

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes it was said you can use those resources in the way the terms describe. As long as you have them, you may use them.
Thanks for answering! I was so worried about the copyright for commercial use of it, though.

What does that mean? Our only policy is to respect a creator's wishes.

@Makeratore If you already had them downloaded you should be fine.
Does that mean we can still use the downloaded resources under the previous terms of use? Even commercial use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schpsu5261