Moghunter LMBS system - Knockback and Combo Updates etc.

Fillip

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MOG_LMBS v0.32b
Moghunter (minor addons by Fillip)
Introduction
This is a version of Moghunters LMBS plugin replicating the battle system known from the 'Tales' series with some additions I made for myself over the time and that some people were asking for in the past.
If you are already using Mogs script you can simply overwrite it with this one, there should be no compatibility issues.

New Features
On top of what Moghunter already implemented, I added:
- An English translation to most of the plugin helpfile/instructions
- A knockback feature that lets you define the trajectory that you launch enemies at as well as their hit stun via notetags. This means you can now add skills like uppercuts and properly juggle an enemy to build a true combo.
- You can now link characters' movement speed to their agility stat. The formula is [Movement Speed + agi * X]. X can be defined in the plugin parameters.
- The ability to set up combos instead of just having a single normal attack (think Kingdom Hearts or Tales of Symphonia). You can chain skills together however you feel. I might add a feature later that lets you set up combo branches (like x-x-x-o or x-x-o-o).

There is currently a silly bug that lets enemies combo you if the hit you and you press the correct button in time... As a workaround for now I suggest just giving enemies different skills from the player that do not use the combo notetags.
For the default normal attack that can be achieved with the tag
LMBS Normal Attack ID: X

How to Use
Download the script and put it into your project's plugin folder like any other plugin. For detailed setup instructions please check out Moghunters Demo file that comes with his MV Master file https://mogplugins.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/
Sadly due to him changing websites lots of his documentation is now gone (or at least I can't find it) but the demo should give you a good idea of how to set things up. If you have any questions you can of course always ask me as well.
This plugin's alterations should have no compatibility issues with Mogs 'vanilla' one, you can just freely replace it.
If you don't intend to use any of the features I added just stick with Mog's version.

Demo
If needed I may try to set up a small demo myself in the future but Mogs Demo should realisticly be all you need.

Script

FAQ

Q: Are you in any way related to Moghunter?
A: Nope, I just love their plugins and wanted to add a few things for myself and others.

Q: Can you add X feature?
A: Probably not. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to coding and am literally standing on the shoulders of giants here. I'm also pretty burned out from adding to this plugin even after these few alterations. But there's no harm in asking, maybe I'll feel like it in the future!

Terms of Use
These are entirely dependant on Moghunter. As of my time writing this, I am allowed to redistribute this changed version and anyone may use it for commercial and non-commercials products.
Please check if those terms have changed before distributing your game!

Credit and Thanks
- If you use this script, you must credit Moghunter!
- Crediting me (Fillip) is optional, but highly appreciated.

Thank you Mog for making this amazing plugin!

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A demo of the skills/feature added or modified is always welcome.
as well in understanding how to use those features you add.

but nicely done though =)

Fillip

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A demo of the skills/feature added or modified is always welcome.
as well in understanding how to use those features you add.

but nicely done though =)

Thank you for the suggestion ^^

I'm a little busy lately but I'll try to throw together a quick demo in the future!

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You did whaaaaat?! Omg I can't believe someone actually completed some of my requests XD

Gonna give this plugin a shot when I get home. And pray I didn't edit something in this plug in XD

You genius you!

Erif

Protector of the Earth, God of Courage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing upgrade! Can't wait to try it out.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, for kicks and giggles. Here is some tests I did. I got Jay here beating the crap out of a poor orphan girl with his special combo. These were originally three different actions... but because of a lack of true knock back, they werent that great. I could still SPLIT them up and let people combo them together. But he loses all these once he gains his fire powers anyway.

It was fun because the first strike knocks his foe into the air. The second SLAMS them down to the ground like a class A jerk. And the final one, before they hit the actual ground, sends them flying away. Like what an arse!

Meanwhile Esther is over there just picking on slimes with her three different weapons (eventually will have this set up so that its all based on directionals):

Driko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
could you add two more keys, for skills like dash? I wanted to use one skill to focus and one to shoot a projectile, could someone help me with this addition?

actions.png

darkand

Nomad Robot Artis
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
good doing the update, why not add for change charaters sprites? for make diferent armor or weapons
i remember i maded it but i lose the archive sadly.

torber2004

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello
i want to ask
Why does the defense function not work after using this file?
I don't know if everyone has encountered the same situation.

Last edited:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Buttons don't work after overriding...
The skills can't be released....I don't know why
Can you give me a DEMO PROJECT?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrlimbs