MogHunter Monogatari - Mog_SceneMenu (Bust/ActorHUD X, Y)

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And here I am with yet another thread. This MogHunter plugin is giving me a lot of problems...
I'm going to put the remaining issues in this one thread instead of making a new thread every day.

Anyway, the plugins allows for some customization through plugin parameters for most things.

Where to display location.
Where to display gold window.
Where to display playtime clock.
Where to display a magical circle (I don't use it)
Where to display the commands leading to the other menu scenes.
Where to anchor the character portraits and...
Where to anchor the character HUD (displaying name, level, status, hp, mp)

Now as per usual, I'm unclear on how difficult this might be but I want to edit the code and do a few things. First of is change how the individual portraits X, Y are calculated. As it is now, their X and Y will change depending on the number of party members. So if you only have one, that portrait will be centered. If you have more party members the center alignment will be auto-adjusted. What I want is for each actor to always have it's X, Y be the same and for the portraits to start line up from the left to the right.

Some image examples:

Even if there only was two portraits, I'd like those two to line up like this with the "center right" and utmost "right" missing.

Right now it looks like this though...

As you can see, the number of portraits adjust their location. I do understand how this can be smart to do if the plugin creator doesn't know if the user will have 1, 2 or 7 party members. It's flexible. But I know for a fact I'll never have more than 4 and I'm not a big fan of these visuals.

That being said. I can live with it if it turns out it's more than a minor change to the script, but I thought it was worth asking about at least.

-------------------------

Second thing I'd like to ask about is the "ActorHUD" part of the script. It's that mess at the bottom of the portrait frames that houses the name, LVL, HP, MP as well as a status icon. It looks very jumbled and crappy in the screenshots above for a reason, namely that the script does not allow me to set the X / Y position of anything except the combined HUD, with the exception of the HP, MP gauge and numbers which can be positioned individually.

The name, level and status icons X / Y in relation to each other and the "Actor HUD" placement is not changable in any plugin parameter and I find this very bothersome when trying to create the interface. Again, I might be asking for a lot here but is it possible to create plugin parameters for positioning the X / Y of the "Actor Name text", "Actor Level text" and the "Actor Active status(es)"?

As a bonus question, there seems to be no parameter to set the font size for the "Actor Name text" either, although similar settings are available for other settings of the menu scene in this plugin. It would be nice to have a parameter for that as well.

If this is a lot of work (especially implementing the parameters), help with where I can directly make these changes in the script would work too.

I know this is a lot of stuff I'm asking for and I don't expect anyone to do it all for me (not for free anyway). But I'm grateful for whatever help I can get.

minnty200

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, P-Panda.

I've been using Mog Hunter's plugins for my own project extensively, so I'll try to offer what advice I can here.

I'll address the second problem first.

(Just to be sure, you wern't specifically referencing the plug-in titled "MOG_ActorHUD" Right?
MOG_ActorHUD plug-in is the HUD on the map which shows the players Face,HP,MP. In otherwords, this plug-in does
not affect the menu screen at all.)

After a quick look at Mog Hunters code, Looks like they forgot to add a param description in the .js file.
But the params already exist.

I made some params you can copy paste in the .js file. Personally, as a woman of organization,
it would make more sense to me to place it under the "Char y-axis" and above " Hp meter x-axis" parameters.

Code:
* @param Name X-Axis
* @desc Position Actor Name Tag X-Axis Value.
* @default 20
* @param Name Y-Axis
* @desc Position Actor Name Tag Y-Axis Value.
* @default 0
Ah, I also see another missing parameter, "States" again add this anywhere in the param description part of the .js file.

Code:
* @param States X-Axis
* @desc Position of States X-Axis Value.
* @default 111
* @param States Y-Axis
* @desc Position of States Y-Axis Value.
* @default 30

I really hope this helps! Let me know if it works on your end.

EDIT:
For the bonus question:
Code:
* @param Name FontSize
* @desc Font Size for Name Tag
* @default 20

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@minnty200
That's correct. I'm using most of MogHunters menu plugins. I think he call the entire "set" of plugins, each handling one scene in the meny, the "monogatari" plugins. Link: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-monogatari/

And thank you! Your added snippets seems to work wonders. Finally some control again, I feel empowered! :D

Would you be able to give me the param for the displayed Actor Level number as well? That would be the last missing piece and make this main menu scene perfect for me.

Also a newb question from someone who can't really code at all (obviously)

* @param Char Y-Axis <---can I change this name without breaking the plugin??
* @desc Posição Y-Axis da image do personagem. <--- what about the description? Okay to run this through google translate and replace it?
* @Default 0 <--- This one I'm fairly sure there wouldn't be a problem with if I changed...

Oh, I also found another mistake in MOG_SceneMenu plugin. I think this is just a slight mistake on his part. See the screenshot below. It says "Time Font Size" but I think this parameter should probably say "Location Font size"?

Could you tell me what the correct param that should replace the one I've marked in purple is?

* @param Time X-Axis
* @desc Posição X-Axis do tempo.
* @Default 565
* @param Time Y-Axis
* @desc Posição Y-Axis do tempo.
* @Default 60
* @param Time FontSize
* @desc Definição do tamanho da fonte do tempo.
* @Default 22
* @param Location X-Axis
* @desc Posição X-Axis da localização.
* @Default 450
* @param Location Y-Axis
* @desc Posição Y-Axis da localização.
* @Default 575
* @param Time FontSize
* @desc Definição do tamanho da fonte da localização.
* @Default 26

And again, thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

minnty200

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Feel free to change the parameter descriptions if they help you! I wouldn't change the Param's Name further down the .js these are already defined, so if you did want to change them, you'd have to change it in another area of the script.

Mog Hunter implemented a parm for location size (But didn't put it in the description section XD) AND time size! It kind of looks like when he fused the two together!

Here's a snippet for that

Code:
* @param Location FontSize
* @desc Defines the Location Font Size
* @default 26
Actor Level number:

Code:
* @param Location LV Number X-Axis
* @default 95
* @param Location LV Number Y-Axis
* @default 33

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Question: The ”Actor Level Number” says:

* @desc Defines the location Font Sizes <—-That is a typo right?

Well, you did say I could rewrite the description to whatever I wanted so it’s an easy fix I guess :)

Thank you~!

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hm, is "Location LV" the correct param for the text that displays Actor Level? Changed it to "LV Number", I think that's correct.

[EDIT; Oh cr*p, I was a bit too fast on the trigger finger there and made a double post! :kaoswt: ]

Last edited:

minnty200

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about that! The respective names should be "LV Number X-Axis" and "LV Number Y-Axis"!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"
I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobodyreally