Moghunter title commands not showing until input

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Jimminybob, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Jimminybob

Jimminybob Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,

I have installed Moghunter's title plugins, in particular the Picture Commands plugin (MOG_TitlePictureCom) for replacing the options on the title screen.

So i've configured that and it's looking good but for some reason the command options don't show up until I press one of the arrow buttons to navigate up and down them. I can press enter to immediately go into a new game, but they don't show up at all in that instance.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with this plugin, or know what the problem could be? I'm not sure what code or anything I can provide to help, as it's just the plugin, but if you want to see anything in particular for it then let me know and I'll add it to the post.

Thanks

2. Kwerty

Kwerty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1 - have you tried deactivating all other plugins to see if the issue persists?
    2 - have you saved the commands as separate images in their respective folder and in the correct file format?
    3 - are the command positions set correctly in the plugin settings?
    4 - when you go to "Database" - "System" - do you have a "title screen image" selected there? is "draw game title" ticked or unticked?
    5 - Do you have the "mog_titlelayers" plugin activated too?

3. Jimminybob

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've gone through all my installed plugins, and turning them off makes it work as expected. By going through them all and testing it while turning each one on, it seems to be a potential conflict with Yanfly's GridFree Doodads plugin (YEP_GridFreeDoodads).

I'm not sure why this would be causing issues though because as far as I'm aware the doodads plugin shouldn't impact on the title screen.

Kwerty likes this.
  4. LackeDragon

LackeDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I confirm it's indeed Doodads. Got the same issue :p
    Doodads seem really useful but also seems to get some problems with menus and loadings.

5. Kwerty

Kwerty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This could be a quick fix with one plugin or the other. You can make a post in the classifieds section of forum, detailing the issue and requesting a script person puts a custom fix in for you. :)

Best of luck in your project.

6. LTN Games

LTN Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a problem with the plugin itself. The images are not being loaded fast enough for them to display right away. Which is why when you move the cursor it runs a refresh command and they appear all of a sudden. MOG has to fix it by giving the images a loadListener and then add them as children when the loadListener is called.

7. Jimminybob

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  8. LackeDragon

LackeDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You certainly didn't do it the right way. It shouldn't ask you that.
    Did you asked steam to update RPG Maker only when launched? Did you copied the "rpg" et index.html from a 1.5.1 blank project?
    If you didn't, RPG Maker may think you're between 1.5.1 and 1.6 which is why he ask the update.

9. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV