Your friendly neighborhood neko
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!
I want to do a tutorial battle, and I'm using Moghunter's Chrono Engine (without ABS mode) and I would like to know if it's possible to add a character to the party mid-fight. Basically how my battle system works is that there are going to be two party members, and one can't attack. His job instead is to absorb damage at crucial points and counter enemies' attacks. The other acts as the fighter who does damage and gets buffed by the other party member.

I'm planning to have the first party member encounter a monster alone and be unable to defeat it, only to have the second party member join in the battle mid-fight (showing the player how to use the first character to counter the monster's special ability) and enable the party to win the fight. It'll be great for teaching the player how to play around both characters' abilities. I'd really love any possible help from anyone with experience with this engine, as I'm new to It and still learning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them
Bleeding Moons has its release date: September 3rd!
Do you stick with the RM default, or set a custom one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz