!!Moghunter's "Elnard Enemy Encounter"!!

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moghunter created an amazing script for Rpg maker vx ace. This script combined random encounters and on-map encounters seamlessly. Why I have not seen this moved over to MV, I have no clue. The system:

- Drew a minimap that showed a player dot (represented by a blue dot) and multiple enemy dots (represented by red dots) that progressively move towards the blue dot.

- If the player's dot meets with one of the red dots, then a battle would start.

-Gave the player the opportunity to evade the red dots by moving away from them

-As time progressed, more and more red dots populated unto where it eventually became unavoidable.

Unlike random encounters, it gave the the player mild agency to control or delay their encounter, and
Unlike On-map encounter, it gave the player a feeling of evasion, however without physically seeing the enemy on the map.

I thinm this system is needed and why it's been nearly 3 yeara and haven't seen one attempt on the plugin, I have no idea lol! It's incredible.

Cheers and blessings to anyone who takes it under their wing!

Thank you

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
First and most obvious reason that comes to mind as to why it has not yet been ported to MV is the obvious difference between Ruby and Javascript...

"Enlard", though? Sounds greasy. :p Sure it's not supposed to be "Enlarged"? ;)

WhiteW

The Murderous Clown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First and most obvious reason that comes to mind as to why it has not yet been ported to MV is the obvious difference between Ruby and Javascript...

"Enlard", though? Sounds greasy. :p Sure it's not supposed to be "Enlarged"? ;)
Actually the script's name is "Elnard Enemy Encounter"; the description of the script says that it's supposed to be similar to the system in "Elnard / The 7th Saga / Mystic Ark".

Last edited:

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for that clarification haha. Enlard does sound greasy, fattening even. My eyes have looked at it incorrectly for years lol! I'll make the corrections. And thank you for the direction.

This plugin has to be crafted! It provides such a dynamic change to enemy encounters

WhiteW

The Murderous Clown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try using a minimap plugin that shows events and load the map with events without sprite that start a battle on character touch.

EDIT:

As to mimicking the re-population of enemies, you could try using Galv's Event Spawner.

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your response @Whitney ! All your help is appreciated!
:kaoangry:

I would have my map filled with invisible events, that work like on-map encounters (except invisible of course)

Hm? But even after a battle, in Mog's script, the enemies on the radar reset.

I don't think this method would carry over as smooth, seeing you would have to erase the events and repopulate them everytime after a battle.
:kaoeh:

I do think a plugin would suit this best.
:kaoswt:

Rusty20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for that clarification haha. Enlard does sound greasy, fattening even. My eyes have looked at it incorrectly for years lol! I'll make the corrections. And thank you for the direction.

This plugin has to be crafted! It provides such a dynamic change to enemy encounters
Completly Agreed! I used to use this in VX Ace and I've just recently bought MV, It saddens me quite a bit to see it was never translated..........

Thank you for your response @Whitney ! All your help is appreciated!
:kaoangry:

I would have my map filled with invisible events, that work like on-map encounters (except invisible of course)

Hm? But even after a battle, in Mog's script, the enemies on the radar reset.

I don't think this method would carry over as smooth, seeing you would have to erase the events and repopulate them everytime after a battle.
:kaoeh:

I do think a plugin would suit this best.
:kaoswt:

Once again Agreed it would be really complicated to do this with events and defiently wouldn't look or act nearly as good.

Last edited:

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone everg figured this out?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I remember this from 7th Saga. Was one of the few things that I liked about that game.

This type of encounter system was very niche and it's difficult for a plugin creator to have the time and desire to port all of their previous work over every time a new RPG Maker comes out, especially when the scripting language changes completely. I'm currently working on, in its simplest form, a hunger/thirst plugin that several people were looking for that seemingly didn't exist yet for MV. That's probably even less niche.

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Froggie man, I do wish you thr best my friend. I know its not easy being a programmer or artist. A lot of expectation is put on you guys. I'm hoping someone can pick it up.

I know that my game works as a metaphor between physical and Spiritual. Though you see physical things, the battle is against things you can't see: temptations, but Mog's system gave room for the player to see enemies on the radar and at least try to flee from them.

I need a solid altetnative or something

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I may tackle this someday but I have way too many things on my list already to commit to anything. It'll be a while if I ever do get around to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradzackyle