Moghunter's LMBS - changing default attack (to a dodge)

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Threepwood Jones, May 1, 2019.

1. Threepwood Jones

Threepwood Jones Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I know this is a bit of a long shot, but I've been trying to figure this out to no avail.

My problem is basically this: I would like to modify the default attack for players in this battle system, and turn it into a dodge, leaving the skills for attacking purposes. I've approached this from a couple of angles already in MOG_LMBS.js and have had no sucess.
    • modifying the first skill, 0001 Attack. Here I can change many aspects of the skill, such as the general settings, effects, and damage, but any change I make to notes is just completely ignored.
      • Since it does recognise changes to effects, perhaps I could utilise a common event to serve my purpose (and just change the default attack animation).
    • Lines 826-831, as follows:
    Code:
    //==============================
    // * LMBS Attack Action
    //==============================
    Game_Battler.prototype.lmbsAttackAction = function() {
       this.lmbsAction(this.attackSkillId(),0,null);
    };
    If I change the number after this.attackSkillId(), it turns the attack into using a Potion, but with no actual effects. Don't even know how this one works tbh.

Is it possible I'm looking in the wrong place? I have a feeling this default attack is hard coded in but I can't even locate where.

Furthermore, it seems that this would severely mess up the AI. Should I perhaps just give up or speak to Mr Moghunter himself?

Finally, a link to the Plugin's Website. I've also attached the single plugin file I've been referring to. It's in Portuguese, but I've been navigating it okay without knowing any (web translators are great lol)

If what I'm asking is more of a plugin request then my apologies.

Thanks for any help or advice. ​

Attached Files:

2. Padramyr

Padramyr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, you could just go into the plugin settings within the RPG Maker. You can assign the buttons that are used in the parameters. Just give the "ok" button to Guard and change the attack key to something else like q. If you just leave the attack key empty it's not working so it must have a key assigned. If you use q for example then even if the player presses q it won't attack - at least it didn't for me.
    That should solve your problem, shouldn't it? That way you don't even need to change the code ;)

Last edited: May 3, 2019