SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I've been working on a game with MogHunter's LMBS and without going into the code there's things you probably wish you could customize, but don't know where to change them. I wanted to share some of my findings on where you can change things...although I'm probably late to the party. This is for MV and I'll post what each of these things do and where to find them. The words/numbers in red are what you change :

Change Base Animation Speed
//==============================
// * update Poses

this._poseSpeed[0] = 0;

Change to a higher number to increase the speed.

Skill Animation Speeds For Projectiles
// * animation Speed

LMBS_Skill.prototype.animationSpeed = function() {
return 8;
};

Change to a lower number to increase speed.

Guard Knockback Distance

// * LMBS Update Guard

if (this.lmbsAllowMovement()) {this._lmbs_X -= this._lmbs_Direction === 2 ? -2 : 2};

};

Change both numbers to the same number. These are the distance you'll be sent flying backwards when blocking. -2 is the distance you're sent to the left, and 2 is the distance you're sent to the right. If you set it to 5 or 10 you'll be sent back further.

Normal hit Knockback

// * Lmbs Is Knockbacking

This is for Knockback[1], the first one.

this._lmbs_X -= this._lmbs_Direction === 2 ? -2 : 2;

Change both numbers to the same number. These are the distance you'll be sent flying backwards on a normal hit. -2 is the distance you're sent to the left, and 2 is the distance you're sent to the right. If you set it to 5 or 10 you'll be sent back further.

Unlimited use of Aerial attacks until touching the ground instead of just one time use:

// * Lmbs Action User Clear

The first one.

this._lmbs_AerialActionDone = true;

You change true to false. Doing this will allow you to use the same attack in the air until you touch the ground, you can also use multiple different skills in the air until you touch the ground.

Hope these are helpful to someone!

*EDIT1*____________HOTKEY SHORTCUTS____________________________________________________

Have some new updates to share.

Yesterday I was able to get hotkey shortcuts to work in battle. Now I'm not using a hotkey plugin that can bind keys, but this is more progress and success than I've ever had so far.

I had to use two plugins specifically to make this work, and some of the details are messy, and there's probably a better way to do it, but here's what I did:

Luna Hotkey Customizer is a plugin that works while you're in battle. The other hotkey plugins I've tried don't work because of the way LMBS was set up.

I set the "1" key to call a Common event. In the code it would be:

$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(n);
(replace n with the common event number)

Now in that Common Event, if you want to keep it simple, set your character or all characters to recover HP, and then remove the recovery item from their inventory. You can set a Conditional Branch so if they don't have enough items to play a buzzer sound.

Next I used SRD_HUDMaker to create an icon and numbers below the icon to indicate how many items you have.

You have to press F12 while in a battle in order to set up the HUD.

I used a Text Element for the number of items, picked White Numbers, and then set the value to this code: $gameParty.numItems($dataItems[1]) Which counts the number of items for item 1. What's good is this updates if you use the items from the regular battle menu.

In my game I've set up a few more complicated things, like I have another common event that sets choices for which item you want to bind to key 1 and 2.

I'm mostly sharing this because I didn't it was possible to create a hotkey system in MogHunter's LMBS, but it works pretty good.

Big thanks to Luna Hotkey Customizer and SDR_HUDMaker since it wouldn't be possible without them.

Hope this is helpful to someone in the future!

*EDIT2*____________ENEMY SCAN SKILL ____________________________________________________

(It's 3am as I type this. yay.)

I just figured this out and am ecstatic.

I've been trying to come up with a way for my character to have a "Scan Enemy Weakness" Skill, to use the skill, and then a message window appears and a character tells you what that specific enemy is weak against, be it an element or something else.

So in the normal troop Conditions...Nothing really seemed to work. I tried Common Events, turning on Switches, even using a conditional branch that selected the enemy and then a state, like a "Scan" State that I created didn't work. it just seemed impossible to have the character use a skill and then have a text box appear...

So here's how I made it work. I used Yanfly's Advanced Switches and Variables Plugin and I named the switch to this:

Eval: $gameTroop.members()[0].isStateAffected(44)

0 being the first enemy, and 44 is my "Scan" State.
(When you use the Skill, give the enemy 100% Scan)

All I put in the window was the character saying what the enemy was weak to, and then to remove the "Scan" state.

And that worked.

I found that it only worked once, but then found if you copy and paste the window, if you rescan the enemy it will work as many times as you copied it.

I'm sure more things can be done with this, but this is what I found.

Thanks again! I'm gonna sleep now.

*EDIT3*____________DOUBLE JUMP ANIMATION ____________________________________________________

This one's not too bad. It does require a bit of addition to the MOG_LMBS.js code.

In Pose Type there's these two lines of code.

if (this._battler.lmbsIsJumping()) {return 4};
if (this._battler.lmbsIsDoubleJumping()) {return 4};

You'll notice they're the same number. 4 is set to be the jump animation for your battler. I changed the double jump to 14 instead of 4. Right above this section is this:

loadBitmaps

and find this line:

this._PosesBitmaps[12] = ImageManager.loadLMBSBattlers(this.bname() + "[damage]");

So under this line I added this:

this._PosesBitmaps[14] = ImageManager.loadLMBSBattlers(this.bname() + "[doublejump]");

In the battler images I added a new file that is the name of my character and DoubleJump.png

and now my character does a new animation when doublejumping. I found you have to add DoubleJump.png to all characters if you do this, but it's worth it to me.

Thanks!

*EDIT4*____________BattleBack Map____________________________________________________

I had a request of how I set up the Battle backs as the current dimensions look blurry and stretched. I've attached a file that is the default 1600 x 1300 however I put in boxes that show where the background, foreground and the line that represents the ground if the ground is set to 0 will be. I recommend all your battlebacks to be in layers. It helps make your backgrounds look better. Even if you think it should be one or two images...I'd go with 4 or more.

Thanks!

Attachments

• HUD.png
    HUD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • battleback_example.png
    battleback_example.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

rux

I love blankets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Now if only I could fiddle with the code to make it so that agility affects your base speed. That is what I want to do.

Also, to make it so aerial attacks use a different animation. Since it looks like you are planted on the ground otherwise haha.

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could look into some of those...maybe...

I was successful in making additions for a new type of knockback. I created Normal2 and added Knockback[6] in many of the locations where it lists Knockbacks 1 to 5.

Knockback6 was to make enemies fly further back when I landed the 3rd combo hit on them just to make it feel different from the default.

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now if only I could fiddle with the code to make it so that agility affects your base speed. That is what I want to do.

Also, to make it so aerial attacks use a different animation. Since it looks like you are planted on the ground otherwise haha.

Looked at both of these and these two require changes that I currently can't figure out on my own. I think most the stuff I've found I've been lucky or just stubborn. There is no setting that would allow me to change the Move Speed and tie it to an item. The Normal attack is tied to weapons, so while it might be possible somehow, it's not the same kind of thing like I did with the double jump since that was already in there.

My suggestion would be to find alternatives somehow, or ask someone that can make additions to the code. Most of my attempts would break things.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Quest For Female ---

Guild Leader: Ladies,you got a Job for today. You have to Battle with Marauder,only Female must to this Job.
F.Magic Knight: So,only Female can do this?
Heroine: I can't wait for this!
Gunner Lady: Well,i can use the Seduction Skill to them,It's effective for Male Target
F.Knight: You always use that?
RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tln143