MogHunter's Weather + Other questions

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by EdithHyde, Jul 6, 2019.

1. EdithHyde

EdithHyde ~ Ops! Did it again. Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First of all, I'm not a programmer and I don't pretend to be one.
    I'm only a map designer and an artist, I am actually playing around to make my maps work on the game and be sure to realize something very very good looking. But of course, since as I said I'm not a programmer, I do have questions and things I'm curious about. I hope to not bother you all with my questions.

1) MogHunter's Weather plugin it's totally impossible to understand to me.
    I really cannot make it work properly. It glitches in the upper left part of the screen like crazy and nothing else will move. I just want a simple red-leafy wind effect with a few leaves flying all around from the left. What I'm not sure about is: there is a way to make it work? If yes, can you please help me with the code? I totally can't understand how it work even if I follow the provided tutorial. Is it possible it won't work if used with other plugins? Actually I use Yanfly's GridFree Doodads, RegionMap restriction and no other plugin. Is it possible it's caused by this?

2) The only possible blend modes ( in general ) are Normal, Multiply, Add and Screen right? There is no way to make some parallax mapping with Overlay or Soft Light blend modes? Isn't this supported by RMMV? Is there a plugin that will by-pass or simply doing this that I can use to make my lightning effects?

3) Ehm, I could move my characters around before adding MogHunter's Weather plugin. But now, even disabling that one, it's totally impossible to even turn around. What can I do to make it move? Setting up a starting point will only let him stay still in that tile without a single move. This is making me feeling crazy. ; A ;

Actually I think it's all. I think I will add some other questions here or create another thread in the future.

I'm really really sorry for my bad english! I'm still learning!

Thank you for your help! >_< <3

2. EdithHyde

EdithHyde ~ Ops! Did it again. Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No help? :kaoeh:

3. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

I'm having a hard time understanding your problem, so this will be a bit of a shot in the dark.

First, how are you using the weather plugin? Did you put the plugin command in an event on autorun?

If so, the problem is probably in your autorun event - if you don't have a way to stop the autorun, it will keep triggering over and over, preventing anything else from happening.

Put in a command at the bottom of the autorun it to activate a self-switch.
    Add a blank event page with the requirement "self switch on". That will make sure the autorun event only happens once.