Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I'm using Mog's Active Time Battle system (ATB system and meters), which can be found from the Atelier Rgss Demo: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/download-page-1/

The problem is that I have no idea how to set any damage over time or regeneration system to work. For example, if I have a piece of equipment with +5 HRG (regeneration), it doesn't work consistently or at all. At some battles I might get no benefit, and other battles I might get the +5 regen in one or two random turns, and then it just stops working. The same thing is going on with damage over time effects, such as poison. The enemy might lose some health in first turn, then be completely alright like 10 turns and then again lose some health. There doesn't seem to be any formula how it's working. Has anyone encountered the same problem using this script, and how did you manage with it?

Edit: The same thing goes on with the Guard command. From the states it's set to last 1 ~ 2 (duration in turns) but in the battle it can last a random time from 1 to 7-10 turns.

Last edited:

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Also, effects like Stun and Paralysis effects won't work at all if they've been restricted to end after some turns or actions. The ATB meter just keeps going even when the enemy is supposed to be stunned. And now it suddenly seems to Guard state lasts for infinity. If I apply it, it stays on til the end of battle even if it's restricted to last 1 turns.
I'm beginning to think I'm doing something very wrong, or Mog's script is broken when it comes to states.

Last edited:

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Ah, whatever. I think I'll ditch ATB and figure out something else.

vFoggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Could you provide a demo in which this occurs? Or the options you have set.
I tested it in the demo MOG provides and it seems to be working correctly.
It depends on the TURN_DURATION_TYPE you have set. If it is 0, you (probably) shouldn't have any problems with the turn duration. If it is 2, it depends on the difference of AGI between the battlers. Battlers with high AGI can have more actions per turn compared to battlers with low AGI.

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Could you provide a demo in which this occurs? Or the options you have set.
I tested it in the demo MOG provides and it seems to be working correctly.
It depends on the TURN_DURATION_TYPE you have set. If it is 0, you (probably) shouldn't have any problems with the turn duration. If it is 2, it depends on the difference of AGI between the battlers. Battlers with high AGI can have more actions per turn compared to battlers with low AGI.
I already changed it to the normal system. I think there might've been a script conflicting which I can't change. I tested the different duration types.
More so, I think the entire game works better with the normal system, even though I originally thought the ATB might enhance it. It just made it slower.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
Sometimes im the biggest fool alive... Ah well, ce la vie
The worst feeling in the world is going for a walk on a nice summer day, seeing an ice cream truck, and realizing you don't have any money with you :(
Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emilycastilloknowles