berslayer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone! Welp, I have a problem when testing a battle and, apparently, is with an execution in a line on the title's script. The thing is, when I choose an item (any, literally; consumable or not, even an "===KeyItems===" slot on the database to divide types of items, for example) it appears a message. Check: ---> https://i.imgur.com/Kiy6TS8.png

I really never experienced such a thing when in-battle testing. Therefore I don't know where I did go wrong. So, if it's possible, I'll appreciate if someone explain what is going on. Look this image ---> https://i.imgur.com/nlUpgos.png, there are all the scripts I'm using so far. Perhaps the problem root hangs somewhere there (idk). Also, I emphasized the line in question.

Beforehand, I apologies if there something I did not write correctly, I mean, grammatically. English isn't my native language.
Nothing else. I'll wait patiently for an answer. Thank you!

Summary: ---> https://i.imgur.com/52wMVau.png

Attachments

• Help3.png
    Help3.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 13

SweetMeltyLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Run the game with the console enabled (Game > Show Console) and replace your Main script with this:

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Main
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This processing is executed after module and class definition is finished.
#==============================================================================

begin
  rgss_main do
    begin
      SceneManager.run
    rescue RGSSReset
      Graphics.transition(10)
      retry
    end
  end
rescue SystemExit
  exit
rescue Exception => error
  scripts_name = load_data('Data/Scripts.rvdata2')
  scripts_name.collect! {|script|  script[1]  }
  backtrace = []
  error.backtrace.each_with_index {|line,i|
    if line =~ /{(.*)}(.*)/
      backtrace << (scripts_name[$1.to_i] + $2)
    elsif line.start_with?(':1:')
      break
    else
      backtrace << line
    end
  }
  error_line = backtrace.first
  backtrace[0] = ''
  print error_line, ": ", error.message, " (#{error.class})", backtrace.join("\n\tfrom "), "\n"
  raise  error.class, "Error ocurred, check the debug console for more information.", [error.backtrace.first]
end

Then you'll see the full error printed in the console so it's easier to find the problem

berslayer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cool! Gonna see what is going on. I'll reply another if there's any news. Thanks.

EDIT:
Mmm... So, this means the problem originates because all what is showed? If so then I have to educate me little more to solve it. Anyway, if there's anything that you could suggest to me additionally, I'll be grateful. Thanks for the support.Help4.png

Last edited:

SweetMeltyLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It just lists the path that the code was taking up until it hit the error. Sometimes it helps you find which scripts are interacting so you can find conflicts

Anyway, if you change COMMAND_NAME (around line 132) from true to false does the error persist?

berslayer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Still trying to solve de issue. I just verified what you say about the COMMAND_NAME, and the line 808 it's not the problem anymore but the line 1044. So basically, the error persist. Saying I need assist yet not want to stick anyone with this so then, I appreciate the support. Thaaanks!

berslayer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well. Looks like the issue disappeared. I just erased the line 1044 from the script and now I'm capable to heal my combatants with a potion or a "===KeyItems===" slot from the database and the game runs ordinary. I'm about to test any other ways to clean it up so that I can find any other flaws. I think this thread might be closed soon. Thanks once more hahaha

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just erased the line 1044 from the script
Do you know how to script? How do you know that was the correct thing to do and isn't going to break something else for you? The line was there for a reason.

Does the issue happen only when you're doing Battle Test from the Troops tab, or also when you do Test Play to play the game properly and enter a battle? If it's only when you Battle Test from the Troops tab, then it's not an issue. A lot of scripts do setup stuff when the database is loaded, but when you do a Battle Test, it doesn't do the normal load database, so those scripts don't do their setup stuff. You should not expect battle scripts to work properly when you're just doing a Battle Test.

So if that's what you've done, my suggestion would be to put that line back in there, and don't use Battle Test.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

berslayer, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something, just edit your earlier post to include the additional information/comment.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL. REMEMBER TO TREAT HIM GOOD ON THE FIRST DATE!
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuddhaXD