LawrenceindaSky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, as the title says, I'm wondering if there is a Plugin/Code/Common Event, or some simplified way of allowing the player to earn 1 Gold (Or Currency equivalent) per sec/min/hour? It doesn't seem like something that would be too difficult to make a plugin out of but the issue is, I know nothing about JavaScript and trying my best to learn. :p But if anyone knows any answers it would be very helpful!

EDIT: Different suggestion actually, it would make more sense if I did this in my game, since in my game there is a Banking System and to make it more useful, instead of adding flat out money to the player, I would like to instead add +1 to a variable per minute if there is a plugin out there than can do that without refreshing its timer every time the player exits the map?

Last edited:

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi. If you want the player to earn for example 1 Gold per second you can simply add 1 Gold using Parallel Process, followed by a 60 frames Wait as 1 frame is equal to 1/60th of a second.

Greetings,
Tw0Face

LawrenceindaSky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi. If you want the player to earn for example 1 Gold per second you can simply add 1 Gold using Parallel Process, followed by a 60 frames Wait as 1 frame is equal to 1/60th of a second.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
I did try that, but preferably 1 per min is my goal, the issue with this, is that it resets the counter each time you load into a new map, if I cant find a solution I may have to make due with this, but thank you for the suggestion! I also edited my suggestion to be a little different.

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I did try that, but preferably 1 per min is my goal, the issue with this, is that it resets the counter each time you load into a new map, if I cant find a solution I may have to make due with this, but thank you for the suggestion! I also edited my suggestion to be a little different.
You can solve this using a Common Event with a Switch. As long as the assigned Switch is set to ON, the Event is running properly. That said, changing the map shouldn't have any impact on the counter. You have to choose 3600 frames instead if you want the wait duration to last for a whole minute.

Greetings,
Tw0Face

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LawrenceindaSky Then just do the same but like this for a one minute timer
upload_2019-5-7_15-5-31.png

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If the problem is that the event (and therefore the wait time) keeps resetting, then what you could do is increase a variable every second (every 60 frames), and when that variable is 60 or higher (representing a full minute), reset it to 0 and give the player 1 Gold. This way, the most you will lose every time you change maps is a fraction of a second.

However, from a game design standpoint, I recommend against any kind of "money over time" system unless the player is working against some kind of real-time time limit. If you are giving the player gold every minute, and they don't have any incentive to hurry, then you are encouraging them to AFK in order to earn extra Gold in your game, and you are also potentially breaking any modicum of balance that your game's economy had.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use moghunters time plugin which uses variables to store the time.
You can make a common event that checks which variable is active and apply that much gold accordingly.

LawrenceindaSky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If the problem is that the event (and therefore the wait time) keeps resetting, then what you could do is increase a variable every second (every 60 frames), and when that variable is 60 or higher (representing a full minute), reset it to 0 and give the player 1 Gold. This way, the most you will lose every time you change maps is a fraction of a second.

However, from a game design standpoint, I recommend against any kind of "money over time" system unless the player is working against some kind of real-time time limit. If you are giving the player gold every minute, and they don't have any incentive to hurry, then you are encouraging them to AFK in order to earn extra Gold in your game, and you are also potentially breaking any modicum of balance that your game's economy had.
I saw this issue as an AFK farm, but to solve it, I made sure that the actual price of items are high, therefor earning low balance keeps it so that every now and then your able to get something simple and small like a health potion or something similar in price, its there to help the player if they get stuck, even with the difficulty slider being low, and not only that but it helps players being able to get items they need (especially the fact I have a total of near 20 party members so getting everything for each party member is very expensive and can be very tedious). This also fights annoying EXP/Gold farms, it allows it so players can nearly always progress and get stuff to do instead of going to a road-block. But I don't know how everyone feels about this so its just something I thought would be handy, guess I wont know till I get some feedback. :p

LawrenceindaSky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can solve this using a Common Event with a Switch. As long as the assigned Switch is set to ON, the Event is running properly. That said, changing the map shouldn't have any impact on the counter. You have to choose 3600 frames instead if you want the wait duration to last for a whole minute.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
I tested it and it works great! I feel dumb about the Switch there, I forget that's how that works, even after 8 years of RPG Making starting with XP to Ace then to MV, still have my flaws. :p Thank you though! It was very helpful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Plague Inc. has released some virus in China. Judging by game experience we should go to Greenland. (And then Greenland shall somehow be infected.
Cheerleaders are my favorite thing on Czech hockey. Too bad they're the only thing worth watching on it.
meet with Quon,
the goddess of Rakuen (circle mascot)
It turns out that if I set the collider to 0,0,0,0 before despawning an event.... QMovement will actually play nice with Galv Event Spawner! :LZSexcite:
So I cloned an event in MV today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniparab