RM2k/3 Monigote Fantasy [English] Full version available!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"..."
I'm speechless. Now, serious. What an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL game! Without a doubt it's one of my favorites rpgs I played in many years. I finished the game like 30 minutes ago, so i will tell my thoughts.

At the beginning I thought was just a generic RPG; grind, XP, party and etc like always, but I was bored so i gave a chance and was right, the start is 100% generic, i just didn't know it was on purpose.

When the player advances in history it's starter to break the generic wall, the characters starts to have deepening more and more, yet, it's a development very, very subtle, you even don't perceive it. The wolrd and NPCs around have a story and it's hold you more and more.

I really liked OST - it's great, mainly, in emotional moments and in "final Bosses", lol -. The art it's very well done, obviously seems like old games, but that is a detail you like creator wanted and putted a lot of effort on it, no jokes, the animations, colors, effects, are very good! And the principal, the interactions u can get with all npcs and parties members it's incredible.

For end the compliments, i just wanted to say two things bothered me and yet don't removed the game's quality.

1 - In the mid-end game u can have MP infinite with the combination "Mana Sacrifice" from the barbarian and the equip "Sexy Gater Belt";

2 - I don't know if I played wrongly, but i still think the barbarian like a Nerfed hero, cuz the last have more Magic and Agility, the only stats it loses is HP.

Of course there is minor details, but they aren't nothing more than just little details, the game is excellent!

I have a doubt, the protagonist is based in a person with Down's syndrome or Autism for it behavior? I'm just curious, in the end it seems like it to me.

Well, I don't want prolong more, so just know you and who more help created a MASTERPIECE!

9,5/10

sorry for bad english

Last edited:

BitBrosGames

*Keeps ruminating*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Wow! Thanks for your review and for playing the whole game through!​
As you said, that was the intention. We wanted the game to look basic and generic at the beginning, like a tribute to all those retro RPGs we love so much. Not only through the retro look, but also the effects and mapping.​
Thanks for your compliments, especially on the art, and also for remarking on the flaws. That'll definitively help us improve the game!​
Then again, to be honest, I don't really know if we should fix the Mana Sacrifice trick... creativity should be rewarded somehow. :guffaw:

As for Moni...​
He's the epitome of the silent cliché MC who gets dragged into adventure. Later on you find out he's actually a clone, a homunculus that's just learning how life works, so when he finally expresses himself, he does like a small child would. But it's nice, as well, to leave it to the interpretation of the player's feelings. :D
spoiler.png

Thanks again for such a nice comment!​
Hopefully more people will play the game if they read it. :kaojoy:

BitBrosGames

*Keeps ruminating*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
LEGEND OF MONIGOTE.png
Hey, everybody! :)
Ever since we released the final version and during this strange summer (winter if you live in the southern hemisphere, as part of our team actually does), we've been working on the game by doing some debugging here and there and whatnot, which has largely been possible thanks to the feedback we've received from those of you who've tried our game! :D
We want to thank @Aurabolt, @FleshToDust, @Driftwood Gaming, @Dutch Power Creations, @gambitben, @A_Normal_Guy and sorry if I forget anyone.​
Once again, thanks! :kaojoy:

Kinmizu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
Other
thank you. keep up the good work. have a nice evening. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123