v0.2
 ​
Please test!​
Plugin Command:​
newEgg 1 3​
Where 1 is the actor id for the father and 3 is the actor id for the mother.​
 ​
Hello yall. 

I am in the process of creating a breeding program for mv.

If anyone is interested please let me know as I don't want to do this if no one wants it.

Current Features:

Two actors/monsters breed. (mother and father)...giggity

They produce and egg.

This egg is in your inventory that you can check on to see the status of how far along the hatching process it is.
Once you have walked enough steps then the egg will hatch, little window, I haven't made any animations for it yet.

If you want an animation or bright cool effects when it hatches let me know.

Once it hatches then it takes the stats/picture of either the father or mother.
50 % chance to be male or female.

If it is male it gets the fathers picture/stats and class and vice versa.

Once the egg hatches then you get to name the new monster/actor.

They are added to your party if the party is full then they go to the actor list.

I need people to suggest things before I release the beta because this could be a large script.

Also if you know of anyone that is currently working on a similar script please let me know!

ScreenShots:

Egg in inventory.

Hatched actor. With features of a parent. Starts at level 1.

Please excuse the duplicate actors as I was hatching a bunch of eggs for testing.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think that when the egg hatches, it's stats should be randomized (to make it seem like the hatched has its own traits like they usually do). Also, would the image of the egg be customizable (can we choose various egg images. Like maybe the hatchling is going to be a certain class or element, can we set the egg to an image representing it). Also, for when the egg gets hatched, i personally woould like it if maybe in a notetag or something, to assign a certain image to be shown, and have the background be transparent, while making the actual figure be blacked out (kinda like pokemon).

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well since the eggs and new actors are generated in game, assigning note tags id not possible in the regards that the user can change them.

However I can assign note tags to the eggs when they are created. For example I can make plugin options  so you can have the icon/image specific for that type of egg.

The caveat is this: you have to make/get your own icons and images for the eggs.

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember wanting to do one of these in RM2k via events when I was a kid lol. There was a tutorial on Don Miguel's site.

This is a great idea, Jeremy!

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well since the eggs and new actors are generated in game, assigning note tags id not possible in the regards that the user can change them.

However I can assign note tags to the eggs when they are created. For example I can make plugin options so you can have the icon/image specific for that type of egg.

The caveat is this: you have to make/get your own icons and images for the eggs.
That sounds good. Would we be able to use our own audio when it happens?

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well having custom audio would be easy but having a specific one for each type of egg...too much work.

I am thinking about have a custom scene for the hatching instead of the message window. 

Anyone have any thoughts about that? Similar to Pokemon I guess when the screen switches to a hatching screen.

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think that sounds like a good idea.

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Everything is going well, 
I am making a quick daycare scene for selecting actors/monsters to breed. 

Only problem is I have to make a actor storage box...

Once that is all worked out then first release will be available for testing / suggestions.

There will be note tag requirements to specify which race and gender. So keep that in mind.

Other wise everyone is having a party...giggity

Edit: I take that back since there is no max party size only max battle size I will leave as is and not make a storage box for actors.

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why not make a script or add it into the script to create a max actor?

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Updated to version 0.2 and posted script!

Please test and make suggestions especially on how to increase the stats?

Right now it is a base increase.

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updated to version 0.2 and posted script!

Please test and make suggestions especially on how to increase the stats?

Right now it is a base increase.
I'll definetly take a look at it later!

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Zero other plugins. Two eggs in inventory:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'meta' of undefined
    at Game_Party.increaseSteps (breedingsystem.js:197)
    at Game_Player.increaseSteps (VM97 rpg_objects.js:7529)
    at Game_Player.Game_CharacterBase.moveStraight (VM97 rpg_objects.js:6665)
    at Game_Player.moveStraight (VM97 rpg_objects.js:7941)
    at Game_Player.executeMove (VM97 rpg_objects.js:7627)
    at Game_Player.moveByInput (VM97 rpg_objects.js:7601)
    at Game_Player.update (VM97 rpg_objects.js:7636)
    at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:418)
    at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:409)
    at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:398)
With a single egg, I get to the hatching 'animation' place holder but then it seems to stick there. No error that I can find.
/C:/**/**/**/**/**/**/plugins/breedingsystem.js:402 started
Plugin command being used is newEgg 4 3. I have custom icons in the game so it doesn't show an icon for the egg. But I am not sure that is causing the above problems.

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have updated it significantly. The same script link.

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Same conditions as before with a single egg, following error:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'frames' of null
    at COLD.BREED.Scene_Hatch.activateAnimations (***/plugins/breedingsystem.js:304)
    at COLD.BREED.Scene_Hatch.update (***/plugins/breedingsystem.js:259)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)
(No other plugins, empty map, no events save for the event that adds the egg. Same plugin call as above.)

Edit: Seems not having the animation set makes the plugin very unhappy. So right now the only issue I see is two eggs hatching 'at the same time'.

Same meta error with multiple eggs hatching (presumably at the same time). With the exception of the following:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'meta' of undefined
    at Game_Party.increaseSteps (***/plugins/breedingsystem.js:196)
    at Game_Player.increaseSteps (rpg_objects.js:7529)
    at Game_Player.Game_CharacterBase.moveStraight (rpg_objects.js:6665)

(Everything after Game_Player.Game_CharacterBase.moveStraigt is the same as above.)

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Do you have your animations set up? All you supply in the plugin box is the number of the animation. If the animation has no frames then that could cause it.

Edit: updated again, fixed the problem with multiple eggs hatching at once.

I am not sure how to reproduce the frames problem but will try.

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It seems as though the frame issues is connected with animation only. The number of times to play the animation can be set to zero without any problems or errors popping up.

Edit:
I did notice that equipment was copied over from the parents. Would it be difficult to clear equipment from the newly created actor?

Edit 2:
Minor spelling error.

"You can here sounds inside."

hear

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You should probably add the description part for it. That way people will know how to use the script. (that way, we dont have to keep coming to the site for it). I think another thing that would be really cool to add to this, would be to allow us to decide which actor(s) should be able to breed from the parents. Like, maybe Actor[1] && Actor[6] are able to breed Actor[18], Actor[23], and Actor[21]. This way, the user would have a bit more control over what would be bred.

Other than that, splendid script! LOVE IT!

Also, what are your terms if one is to use this in their project?

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Its only version 0.2 but it is coming along, I unfortunately decided to go a head and make a monster storage box similar to pokemon. Almost finished with that one. It is a companion script.

And all the display text will be user controlled as well.

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Its only version 0.2 but it is coming along, I unfortunately decided to go a head and make a monster storage box similar to pokemon. Almost finished with that one. It is a companion script.

And all the display text will be user controlled as well.
I do not see that as unfortunate, more like inevitable considering the amount of Pokémon fans who use RPG maker. Honestly, What you are doing is awesome in-of-itself, at least to me. (Considering I didn't expect anything from my request.)

Will we one day be able to determine if one parent or the other takes dominance in the child's race despite gender? (Or is that too complicated for the time being?)

OR

The ability to assign specific icons for specific actor parents for the purpose of the egg?  (For example, regardless of the egg's gender, if the mother is actor 5 it will always use icon 32 and if the mother is actor 63 it will always use icon 13.)

[edit]

Spaces are not my friend today.

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That stuff isn't too complicated just really depends because its user specific but if I can make the plugin options good enough it will be no problem.

I am about to release the monster storage box on the released forums. I will keep the two scripts separate. For now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDonuts