Status
Not open for further replies.

Linally

Edible Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I understand the whole, set monster to approach and event touch = a game over. But what I want to do, and cannot figure out how to achieve, is getting the event monster to FOLLOW the player through DOORS. Say....for a good 10 seconds, I want this monster following relentlessly. Much like "Aoi Oni". 

Can I do this without a script? Or do I need one? Is there one that exists? Because I cannot, for the life of me, find it. I know Yanfly has an event chase script, but I'm unsure if it will do what I want it to do. Any solutions?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One event doesn't follow through a door because the door is also an event on the same level, blocking the way (player has a different coding).

One easy solution might be setting the monster on "through" as this allows to pass all other events - wether that works depends on wether you want other events to block the path, the monsters would also become able to go through each others.

Another solution might be to set those events on different levels ("above player"), but that might mix up part of the functionality as touch and buttons react on different positions if on different layers.

There are scripts that help with this, and other scripts that might help circumvent the problems mentioned above (for example, if the "through" allows the monster to get to places it's not intended to go, you might use Yanfly's restrict region strict to block unwanted movement).

Experiment a bit with those options and then ask more specific questions to solve those parts of the problem that doesn't work the way you want them.

Linally

Edible Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
From reading Yanfly's script:

NPC’s on that map will be unable to move past regions x unless they have a “Through” flag on.
So this script does not override the through. :/ And I still can't get the monster to follow into the next room, using the event.

And which events would I set to be above the player? The monster or the transfer points?

EDIT:

Is it possible, perhaps, to have a script that makes it seem like you're loading a new area, but it's one big map? Like the screen displayes the 17x13 area, and when you move to the edge, it shifts the screen like a non-transition transfer...but it's still just the big map?

Because if that's possible, then all I would need is a way to time the monster out after so many frames.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linally

Edible Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you! I didn't think to look in XP support since I'm using Ace. :p

Thanks a million, Celianna!

EDIT:

My question now is...with this, the only way to get the monster to stop is by entering a "safe room" essentially, correct?  And that will quit the Chase event until it's triggered again? Or am I misunderstanding?

Last edited by a moderator:

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only way to get the monster to stop chasing you, is to turn off the switch that is causing it to chase you. Or just not put a monster event in the rooms you don't want it to chase.

Linally

Edible Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, thank you!

Close please :)

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

uOy9Wjc.png

Something something.
Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"
Whoever decided that the 5th area of Xenoblade 3 had to be THAT big and be explored in the manner it does needs to be shot. My OCD cannot leave a tiny shard of the map hidden and those controls can go right on and f*** themselves. -.-

/rant off
Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renice