First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Name: Monster Book

Version: 1.1

Author: Mr. Trivel

Created: 2015-11-04

What does it do?

Adds a Monster Book to the game which can be accessed through Plugin Command or Menu.

Monster Book records and holds info of all enemies you killed what loot you gained from them.

*Note: Suited for 1280x720 and higher resolutions,.

Pick and choose which panel shows what. More panels in the future. Open for suggestions.

Screenshots:

How to use?

Set up the parameters in Plugin Manager and you're pretty much set to go.

All plugin commands listed in Help in Plugin Manager.

Use <b_hidden> in enemy note field when you don't want it to show up in the Monster Book.

You can use any amount of <attack: X> (X being Skill ID) to show Attacks of the Enemy in Monster Book.

You can use <desc:TXT> to show description of the enemy in Monster Book. Make sure there's no space between colon and text. Else the first word will start off aligned. You can also have it multiline.

E.g.

<desc:Line1

Line2>

Plugin: <Link: Github>

How to download Script. Click the link above, there will be a button named Raw, press Right Click -> Save As.

Credit and Thanks:

Marnick de Grave for the layout.

Plans for future:

Compatibility with Steal script to make a panel that shows items to be stolen.

More panels - description in Top panel instead of bottom. Attacks in bottom panel.

Open for more ideas.

Legal:

Free for non-commercial games.

For commercial use contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingGodzilla

King of the Monsters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! Love this monster book, it's absolutely essential for monster hunter themed games. However, the only problem I have with it is that it requires me to use at least a 720 resolution, which makes a lot of other things in the game... weird. For example, the menu screen itself looks awkward with the way the bars are stretched from side to side, and now entering text is a bit of a problem because of not knowing exactly when the line breaks. If I had one request, it's to make this compatible with the default resolution, at least the default used in Yanfly's core engine. Would absolutely love to use this, considering this is much better (in my opinion) than the Enemy Book plugin, but the resolution thing holds it back for me.

gokuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very nice Monster Book, beatiful layout.

Suggestions:

- Would it be possible to add a description for the skills? That will be specially helpful in hard games, so you can counter their abilities more easily

- Don't list monsters you haven't seen, or only up to the ID you revealed. Example: You saw the enemie "Awesome Bat", who has the "Enemie ID" 12, so the book shows only enemies with the ID 1-12, either as ????? if unrevealed, or their name, if revealed. That way, the player isn´t overwhelmed by 200 entrys in the book.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I LOVE this! My favorite monster book plugin so far. <3

Can you add an option in the plugin manager to change the size of font in "enemy description?" I have a feeling most players would want a smaller option for most descriptions.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One small problem...

If you have a lot of elements, they fill the entire page and break the alignment... ;)

You may want to add a scroll... No telling how many elements people will have in their builds.

(edit)

Or simply allow the user to define which element are shown... A combination would be best though. I have several elements that are invisible, used to mimic base effects like Recovery and Pharma enhancements. No reason for them to be included in the Monster Book.

Mr. Trivel

Glasses
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
v1.1 Update

- Cleaned up Plugin Manager.

- Added more options for existing panels. (Removing/Showing elements, parameters, description font size)

- Choice of how to display enemies. Show up to highest discovered enemy ID or all of them (like it was before).

@KingGodzilla,

I'll see about it in the future.

@gokupy,

Skill descriptions in next update.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you put the default values for all the plugin manager settings we can change in the description of each setting, please? Like for example, put "default: 28" for the font size of the description, please~

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Can you put the default values for all the plugin manager settings we can change in the description of each setting, please? Like for example, put "default: 28" for the font size of the description, please~
This and some general font options for the sections if possible. Some fonts tend to make the text pretty big so you need a smaller font size to compensate. I'm really liking the look and style of this bestiary but I need the font options to make it presentable. Good job on it so far though!

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
v1.1 Update

- Cleaned up Plugin Manager.

- Added more options for existing panels. (Removing/Showing elements, parameters, description font size)

- Choice of how to display enemies. Show up to highest discovered enemy ID or all of them (like it was before).

@KingGodzilla,

I'll see about it in the future.

@gokupy,

Skill descriptions in next update.
Great and simple solutions. Well done. ;)

Might I suggest the ability to display State rates? Possibly with the same options of show and hide? Maybe by state ID?

Thanks for your time.

Reactions: SOC

Mr. Trivel

Glasses
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
@SOC,

Okay, I'll do that~

@Vegnarus,

Coming up next update.

@Roguedeus,

So a new panel for State resistances? Okay, next update, too.

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This looks awesome, but with it being only "Free for non-commercial games." That makes it unusable to many, including me. :(   I wish more people would allow us to use their plug-ins so we can actually make a cool game and then "IF" we decide to sell it later on, we can. But with "Free for non-commercial games" being a common practice, it sure makes our games very limited. We can either make an awesome game that we can never sell or make a basic game that we can sell... :(

oh well, good job anyways

glokplopit

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to do categories of monsters for sorting? So for example you could customize the menu to pick from "Fire Monsters" vs "Water" and then show the monsters in the category? Thanks!

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Great plugins easy to install and get to work. But can you do something about it with a resolution of 1000 x 740 ??

The text is just a bit too much compress it?

If I could just change the size of the Image of the Monster and under it the list of enemy name a bit less large it must fit inside 1000 wide.

thank you in advance for your great work! :D

No update from the Master Creator? :(

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.

Is it possible to have a menu background call for this plugin? 
I'm using Moghunter's Menu Background. All the other plugins seem to have it compatible/integrated.

Thank you.

StefSan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
a very neat and nice monster book plugin!

Love it. Thanks for your hard work <3

Recruit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I was wondering, if this plugin is free in both commercial and non-commercial use? I notice on your main site, you said all plugins are free for commercial >.> but i don't see this plugin in your site and its description isnt updated.... Just wondering sorry again!

dragon3025

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I encountered a problem where the monster listings where a little off (I had some enemies hidden from the book, so that might of caused it). I fixed it by moving the refresh in these lines:
Code:
    Window_MonsterList.prototype.initialize = function(x, y, w, h) {
        this.hiddenEnemies = [];
        Window_Selectable.prototype.initialize.call(this, x, y, w, h);
        this.select(0);
        this.refresh();
        for (var i = 1; i < $dataEnemies.length-1; i++)
        {
            if ($dataEnemies[i].meta.b_hidden) this.hiddenEnemies.push(i);
        }
    };
to this:
Code:
    Window_MonsterList.prototype.initialize = function(x, y, w, h) {
        this.hiddenEnemies = [];
        Window_Selectable.prototype.initialize.call(this, x, y, w, h);
        this.select(0);
        for (var i = 1; i < $dataEnemies.length-1; i++)
        {
            if ($dataEnemies[i].meta.b_hidden) this.hiddenEnemies.push(i);
        }
        this.refresh();
    };

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chungagunga