Reaction score
First Language
English
Monster Breeding System

BreedingSystem v1.0

by

Jeremy Cannady

Introduction
This script creates a monster/actor storage box system.

Do to my ongoing monster breeding script I felt this script also needed to be created.

Features
1.Breed monsters/actors.

2.Includes egg system.

3.Set hatching animations and egg icons.

4.Specify what races can breed with each other.

5.Hatched monsters have stat increases.

How to Use

To use this script place this script in your plugins folder and name it BreedingSystem.js.

NoteTags: <race:Dragon> place in actors notetag.

Call the plugin command "makeEgg 1 3". Where 1 is fathers actor id and 3 is mothers actor id.

How the user gets the egg is up to the developer.
You can have events that check certain steps and then be able to give an egg, etc.

Script

http://pastebin.com/uMZFqSkJ

Credit and Thanks
-Jeremy Cannady

Terms:

Free and unrestricted access for anyone for any purpose.

No credits necessary.

SoulOfRock

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Awesome, can you make a demo :D ?

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooh. Very cool.

With Tsukihime's scripts and this one I can see a lot of Pokemon-style games out there!

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
-holds up the script as music plays in a Link-isq style-

Thank you so, so much Jeremy!

SoulOfRock

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Yeah I can make a demo, I can also make an eventing demo. You can use the monster storage box script to have the actors/monster you have stored wonder around a pin. Kind of like a day care. I will include that as well.
Ty, you are awesome :D , i will be waiting :)  

Im a little newbi >u<

MakeAndCreate

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I should wait for the demo too, as I have no idea how to make this work.  (Not sure what I'm doing wrong.)  

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This may sound weird , but would there be any way to set it up so that the "Child" can have a graphic that is randomly chosen ? 

IE 

Dragon And Elf Breed

Egg hatches

random image is shown for new character/monster :

Elf with Dragon wings -30%

Two legged Dragon with Elven Ears- 20 %

Elf with Dragon Legs -30%

Dragon with Elf Arms- 20%

Of course we would have to provide our own images , and all , but would it be possible to make it so once the egg hatches , the monster image is randomly selected from the percentages ? 

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes it is possible.

Give me the specifics and I will just make it a custom addon for you.

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the Specifics? 

there really isnt any specifics , i would just like to have a randomization as to what the child would look like, that way you can breed the

two parents together multiple times and have less of a chance of getting a child that looked the same.

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm really interested in any new updates or increased functionality or features for this plugin.  Something like this can become the main central feature of a game.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Omg, this is almost EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Is there any way that this can be modified to, instead of give a specific party member as a breeding result, look for an 'unused' party member slot and write/set the data there, including notes? Basically, you would end up having a large database of party members with no data, and when breeding happened, it would look for the next party slot that wasn't being used, and write the data there. This way, you could have a more dynamic breeding system instead of just 1+2=x.

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes it is possible.

Is there any way to make the breeding a little more dynamic, or similar to the box where you select the breeders? Otherwise you have to have a rather long conditional to account for combinations. (Maybe I am missing something, which is not far from the realm of possibility.)

Also, more of an add-on where as above is a tweak to the breeding system;
The ability to define if the offspring takes after mom, dad, or another predefined creature regardless of their own gender.

One more;

Ability to define the offspring's stats. (Taking after parents, base class, or base class with random stat from parent A or B as an example.)

Or, if a verbal description is better:

Say a Dragon and a Kelpie (not the dog breed) are the parents. The mother is the Kelpie, so it would be a Hippocampus regardless if it is male or female. (Or simply a Kelpie.) Stat wise, what if we wanted the Hippocampus to have a certain base stat set that can be over ridden depending on it's parent's stats. Say, lower strength due to it's mother being a Kelpie and a higher intelligence due to it's father being a dragon.

The stat part seems a little difficult. My understanding of JS is limited right now else I would love, love, LOVE to help with breeding add-ons. :|

pclaydon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
guess we need a way to actually capture monsters now and then welcome pokemon (well that and evolution)

Hatake-hime

Squishy Cat Summoner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes it is possible.

Did you ever make the add-on? Could I have it as well? Also do you have a link about what your shop script is? :D

Ultimar

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you continuing this?  I really wanted this kind of system for a long time, especially with the addon.

Dragonslinger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you make custom add-ons, could you make it so that when two actors breed, they have the chance of creating a completely different actor through actor ids?

Loving the plugin tho!

radajin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
can this script have a random outcome, like say if i breed a fire monster with a ice monster i might get a fire monster an ice monster or an frostfire monster, and each have its own random chance.

Uranium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any Luck yet Jeremy? I would love to see this in action. Please let me know how your progress is going!

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jeremy Cannady, Very well.
Hope it works works fine with my Exisiting Plugins of my Project Pokemon Essentials MV

Edit : @Jeremy Cannady can you make a Pokemon Breeding System out of it.
Full Credits in Pokemon Essentials MV

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crayonchan