BuilderInc

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody,

as a fan of RPG games, especially the series "Dragonquest", I would like to introduce my ideas of "Monster Builders". The basic idea is a game in which you can create monster and experience various adventures with them. With equipment in the form of wings, body shape, skin texture, you can assemble and individualize your monsters similar to the game "Spore". The focus should be on inventing your own monsters and collecting them.

Monster catching games are very difficult and tedious to develop, but I believe it is possible with a good plan behind. RPG Maker MV will be the preferred platform, had already different Character generator plugins in mind for the monster creation idea. The classic rpg maker battlesystem will also be in the game, but a little modified. For example, you can choose a much faster option to fight, when your team is already stronger than the enemy. The faster battle option will be a simple calculation battle system, were your team attack, defend, speed stats will compared to the one from the enemy. If your stats are higher you will win the fight. I hope this make grinding less annoying.

The world in Monster Builders has been split up into different small continents, the reason for this is a war that is long in the past. Wormholes will be a huge part of the map design, with them you can get from continent A to B.
The ultimate goal will be to create the strongest monster and join the continents together, fix the consequences from the war long ago.

The game should be as easy to access as possible, with that in mind i consider to export the game in HTML format which make it hopefully playable online, similar to io games.

Since everything is still in the making i will add more ideas later. I would like to hear your ideas or opinions on Monster Builders :thumbsup-right:

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I can make Blue-Eyes White Dragon, I'm down.

Powerise

Fulltime Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Interesting, Just like "Spore Game".

Corygon

Storyteller
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sounds like quite the undertaking. I wish you the best of luck!

BuilderInc

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I can make Blue-Eyes White Dragon, I'm down.
That would be cool, there are several inspiring Yu Gi Oh monsters. Will keep that in mind when getting into the monster design.

Interesting, Just like "Spore Game".
Always liked the idea to create your monster in various ways. We already got the method of just evolving them in one direction or just catching them in games.

Sounds like quite the undertaking. I wish you the best of luck!
Yeah, it's quite a huge task, but i hope i get fundamentals (like to set up the right plugins, art style etc.) firstly done and everything should build up on that.

Update:
Trying to get a tech demo out there. I'm currently experiementing with the art style(chosing between retro gameboy color style or more defined 2D art). There will be an update soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, ended up at the hospital with the oldest so mebbe might make the game jam's deadline. Maybe not. Regardless, really digging MZ.
I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalaacSoran