HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've searched high and low, but there doesn't seem to be any TemTem/Pokemon-esque plugins made for MZ - even paid ones. Is anyone working on one, or knows of one in development? I'd be glad to support it.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have one planned, but got other things to do first. I'm sure there will be others that intend to write similar systems also :)

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Eh, I used Olivia's Octopack Battler system to make a summoner class. It has a merchant class that can summon hirelings and I turned that into a summon monster spell. If you look around for animated enemies you can turn those animations into spells so the monsters attack when summoned. They don't stay on the field though, they aren't persistent.

You might be able to commission an add-on that makes them persistent. That would be cool. Not sure if it would be possible with just normal skill scripting.

You can set the conditions for the monsters appearing in your spell list through use of Yanflys plugins, so a condition could be that you have to actually beat a monster in combat before it appears on your list, etc. I'm kinda noobish when it comes to that stuff but I am sure it could be done. Making the monsters skills appear in your attack menu to give it commands... that is something else entirely.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

No matter how many times I listen to him, I know this is Joker speaking, but my brain can only hear Dagda.
Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FeatherStone