Spookybun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in. I was very confused about where to put it.)

Hello! I’ve been wanting to bring one of my story ideas to life, with a group of monster hunters who have their own niche in the type of monsters they specialize in taking down.

Examples being:
-One of the main three focuses on “undead/reanimated” monsters like zombies.

-The second one is a dragon-slayer (who clashes heads with the dragon-breeder in-game), and involves other monsters that have draconic elements.

-The third focuses on human-passing monsters—(referred to as “yokai”; even though it’s slightly incorrect, this world is divergent from ours and I’m applying 90% of our physics and ideals to it; time and seasons are also divergent too).

Is there a plugin where I can assign “families” to enemies/monsters? This would be for bestiary purposes, and also bonus stat/exp purposes for the corresponding hunter if they’re involved in the kill (and with manual add-in by me into particular events, the general handling of monsters if you don’t/can’t kill them).

If a bestiary/encyclopedia comes with the plugin, that would be amazing, but I’m just as content with a plugin without that addition.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You could assign each of your monsters an elemental weakness. Then give the charecters that speacilize in that monster that element. Also, this should be in plugin requests

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Game Ideas & Prototypes forum is for getting feedback on gameplay/plot ideas.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Spookybun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could assign each of your monsters an elemental weakness. Then give the charecters that speacilize in that monster that element. Also, this should be in plugin requests
The weakness part isn’t what I’m looking at, necessarily. It’s more for the bookkeeping in a bestiary, and being able to link the type of monster it was to the right hunter.

Also thank you. I missed the Plugin forum, I’m sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.
Sigh :( ... displaying numbers representing the stats of the PCs for a custom menu in rm2k3 is haaaaaaaarrrd!!! DX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevechtrs