CatFyre_Games

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys,

I've been searching for quite some time now, but i can't seem to find anything close to what i want:

In the SNES Final Fantasy games (but in this case i'm more inclined to set FF6 as an example), the monster flashes white two times in quick succession before performing an actual attack or skill. This is actually the default in the battle system included in RMMV; but in my game i am using most of Yanfly's scripts which changed this specific feature -- now the monster steps forward instead (I am using sideview, btw).

Is it possible for a plugin to be made wherein i just add that snippet of code just to change this specific behaviour? Moreover, have it in a way that i could control the opacity of the white flash? The default one seems like it's around half opacity instead of pure white (with the value 255). A way to control the duration of the flash and/ or how many times the monster will flash before performing an attack would be cool, too.

My game emulates the art style (and overall experience) of like playing a JRPG during the late NES or early SNES era; hence i asked.

Thank you very much.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the biggest effect of yanfly's plugins to the battle system is the introduction of action sequences that can be used to animate everything. To have that working yanfly included some default action sequences that replaced the original effect.

what you need to do is either give those skills where you want that their own specific action sequences, or rewrite the default sequence with the one you want for it.
Both options are possible without plugins, you just need to follow the help files of the plugins to learn how to write the action sequence you want to happen.

(overriding that part of yanfly's plugin system with another plugin is a bad idea for compatibility reasons, that part is too deep and too extensive to be easily replaced without problems)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jubacard