English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fusion System 1.10
By: AwesomeCool

Introduction

A script that lets the user fuse two to five monsters into one new one

Compatibility

-May need simple compatibility updates to run with certain scripts that use tags in actor noteboxes. 

-Ask and I will create a simple fix

Features

-Fuse Fused monsters together

-unlimited fused monsters

Screenshots

See attachments

How to Use

-get Tsukihime Script, Custom Database.

-get a script that makes the resolution 640 x 480

-put this script plus the other two under materials and above main

-Rest of instructions are in the script header

Change Log

Spoiler

** Change log

1.10: Jan 20, 2014

-Fixed game breaking bug

1.06: Jan 20, 2014
-added an import set
1.05: Jan 19, 2014
-Fixed some lag issues
1.0: Jan 19, 2014
-Initial Release

Demo

Master Demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfgzfqhmaccvezm/AwesomeCool%20Master%20Demo.zip

Script

Script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k159668mbjwa2hc/AweCool%20Fusion%20System.rb?dl=0

FAQ

Q: I want this feature...

A: Ask and you will receive (given time)

Q:HELP!

A:I will help out as best I can, but only if you ask.

Q:Terms?

A: Free for noncommercial projects.  Message me about commercial projects

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Credit and Thanks

AwesomeCool

Tsukihime for his awesome custom database script

...and everyone else on these forums for being so awesome

Author's Notes

Mostly available during the weekends.  I have little time to reply to messages and the like during the week.

Screenshot 2014-01-19 16.54.49.png

Screenshot 2014-01-19 16.55.18.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Released a new version of the script that fixes some major lag issues.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
can you make it work on the default resolution??? forcing the user to use a 640x480 resolution just to use this is not nice... you can even just make it resolution "independent" via calculating things using the graphics.width and .height values

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I actually wish I could. But with the current way the menu works, I can't fit everything on the screen.  I tried working with the default resolution and it was hard to fit all the details in.  If I find a way, I will do it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
then maybe make it scroll? or make some items smaller... or hide some windows when they're not needed (if there are any) so that you can overlap them with other windows...

I'm sure you'll find a way... :)

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would have to make the selected window scroll (or re-size the faces if possible) and move the fuse button to a popup (and put the fuse help window info to the top window) and it will probably work. :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think resize... you can always stretch_blt them into a smaller rect if you need to make them smaller without editing the actual files...

Shrouded In Myth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
May you please give me an example of adding note tags using "\n".

I keep getting a syntax error.

Edit:

I also found a bug. Fusable actors that are not in the active battle party don't have a portrait in the fusion menu. You can still select them, but they don't have a face graphic.

This is in the demo and I edited nothing.

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
An example:

["note", "<fuseable: Brenda> \n <awesome>"],

If you are still getting a syntax error it might be a compatibility problem.

If so list your scripts and I will try and make them compatible.

dabum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
In your demo, I added 2, "Slime", "Slime" to one of the fusions you had in there already and when I catch the 2 slimes and try to fuse them they do not appear. What appears to be happening is that either the notetags aren't loading into the newly created actor or maybe it just don't work unless you already had notetags in the database. Also if you have two actors called Terrence, and a fusion requires Terrence & Terrence, it also does not work because it only recognizes one of them.

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In your demo, I added 2, "Slime", "Slime" to one of the fusions you had in there already and when I catch the 2 slimes and try to fuse them they do not appear. What appears to be happening is that either the notetags aren't loading into the newly created actor or maybe it just don't work unless you already had notetags in the database. Also if you have two actors called Terrence, and a fusion requires Terrence & Terrence, it also does not work because it only recognizes one of them.
I believe I found out that you cannot fuse two of the same actors together recently,  I will work on fixing that.

For the slime problem, I didn't know that was an issue and will work on that also.

dabum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Might I make a suggestion then :p , instead of using the note tags, why not just make it fuse based on class id's. For example, Class ID #3 = Slime

Based on your equation, 2, 3, 3 would result in lets say Class ID #4 aka King Slime. I mean your system is really what I've been looking for a while, but because ther was never something like this, I simply made one out of events using never ending lines of if statements/conditionals.

Heres a snippet of the unending conditional statements that I use:

It works similar to the arrays you setup when looking at what combinations you make for your result. Only difference is my code is just a scripted version of if statements.

Code:
($game_party.battle_members[1].class_id == 6 or$game_party.battle_members[1].class_id == 8 or$game_party.battle_members[1].class_id == 12 or$game_party.battle_members[1].class_id == 19)and($game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 147 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 148 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 152 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 161 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 164 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 168)

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Might I make a suggestion then :p , instead of using the note tags, why not just make it fuse based on class id's. For example, Class ID #3 = Slime

Based on your equation, 2, 3, 3 would result in lets say Class ID #4 aka King Slime. I mean your system is really what I've been looking for a while, but because ther was never something like this, I simply made one out of events using never ending lines of if statements/conditionals.

Heres a snippet of the unending conditional statements that I use:

It works similar to the arrays you setup when looking at what combinations you make for your result. Only difference is my code is just a scripted version of if statements.

($game_party.battle_members[1].class_id == 6 or$game_party.battle_members[1].class_id == 8 or$game_party.battle_members[1].class_id == 12 or$game_party.battle_members[1].class_id == 19)and($game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 147 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 148 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 152 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 161 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 164 or$game_party.battle_members[2].class_id == 168)
I mostly did not do it that way so you could have multiple actors come from the same class and with that way you would have a limited amount of monsters that you could get.  But, I will look into it.

dabum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If it helps, there was a similar system to this in regular VX, located here. Don't know if you can use it as reference :p

Sophien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
So... are the bugs fixed? :D

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
not yet (I have been very busy with school).  I will get to it soon though.

Nunzio Zizzania

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italy/English
Primarily Uses
Hello there, I'm here to tell you that I found an error in Dropbox. It is about your files. If You don't believe me, see for yourself.

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This time around I don't have early access to the new maker, so I have to wait like everyone else to look under the hood. I really hope we get to soon though, I'm pretty excited :D
Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998