xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just recently bought DLC that contains monster images and moved them into my enemies folder but they aren't appearing. I've noticed this happening with other monster DLC packs that I've bought in the past too. Some of the images are registering but I'm not getting the rest of them. I'm certain that these images are formatted for RPG Maker MV but they are not showing up. Is this some kind of glitch? Because I'm almost afraid to purchase more monster DLC packs if this is a regular thing and I need to be able to use all my DLC content instead of only some of it.

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you restarted the engine since adding the DLC?

Is it possible some of them are in the 'enemies' folder, and others are sideview so in 'sv_enemies'?

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you restarted the engine since adding the DLC?

Is it possible some of them are in the 'enemies' folder, and others are sideview so in 'sv_enemies'?
I've restarted multiple times and the images that I added still aren't showing. The files that I added are PNG format too..... Should I start adding them to the sv_enemies folder instead?

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Should I start adding them to the sv_enemies folder instead?

This depends on whether you're using sideview battlers. In Database -> System, have you checked this box? :

sideview.png

If so, you'll want to add the battlers to the sv_enemies folder. If not, they can just be in the enemies folder.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are two folders for enemy battlers. Your images need to go into the enemies folder if you're using front view battles, and into the sv_enemies folder if you're using side view battles. If you are using both, then the images need to go into both. Even though there's no difference unless you're using a plugin that expects enemy battlers to be set up in the same format as actor battlers.

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was able to put the images into the sv_enemies folder and they all have showed up! I never knew that they needed to be in there from the beginning! I guess awhile back I might have stashed some enemies in there but didn't realize I needed to be using that folder. I primarily was only putting the images in the enemy folder.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never knew that they needed to be in there from the beginning!
The idea is (theoretically) that the poses would be different - front view enemies facing out of the screen at you, versus looking across the battleground at a side view party.

I don't know what DLC you got, but I'm pretty sure everything I've picked up has the images organized into those folders already, even if the images aren't different.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.
finally drew 3 of the enemies that appear as students from the high school that's in my game.
Finnuval wrote on ShuBun-Kin's profile.
Loving the avatar :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaughtyPoncho