Not open for further replies.

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The battlesheets in Monster Legacy 1 seem to be set up very differently than the traditional MV sheets. They're 4 images each in 13 rows. How would I use these in MV (or can I use them)?

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Monster Legacy pack was made originally for RPG Maker VX Ace, at the time the most popular side-view script utilized "Holders" style animated battlers, which is how the Monsters Legacy sprite sheets are set up. RPG Maker MV made its own side-view battle system with its own animation standards (3 frames each animation, 3x6 animations per sheet I think).

So without a plug-in for MV that lets you use Holders style battlers or allows you to set up your own animation sheets (I am sure these exist somewhere), you will not be able to use the sheets natively in MV. You could always copy and paste and make your own MV style battler sprite sheets, though. The key thing to know is that for the looping animations in the Monster Legacy sheets, the sequence goes frame 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4... where as in MV it goes 1, 2, 3, 2, 1. Frames 2 and 4 in the Monster Legacy sheet (for looping animations) are typically the same frames, so just copy and past them as 1, 2, 3 and they should work fine with MV.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does anyone own the pack?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Tanarex , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please post a new thread including your question and more importantly, why you are wanting to know if anyone owns it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorshka