Looking great so far! Can't wait for the first release! :kaopride:

himmeh

Just tired
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm really interested in this project and would like to offer help!
I'm an artist (not that experienced with pixel art, but I'm trying) and a writer! I can work on the dialogues or drawing characters!

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@himmeh, I was also not an Artist but I tried.
And most of the Artwork till date is done me.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since this project is open source, is there a Github page where people can see the progress of the plugins and/or contribute?

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aloe Guvner Not at the moment, but we will upload it as soon as the Engine is Stable (to avoid buggy release)

Whereas if you want to help, you are welcome to join our team.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the offer to join the team, but I'll decline for now. Personally, I haven't played anything in the Pokemon series since Red/Blue but it is a cool concept.

I think that what you're pulling together is wonderful, and will help expand the types of games that people can create with RPG Maker.

That being said, I think it would help you and the project to become Open Source. Many people (myself included) may be willing to contribute to a plugin without being on the team, this is the central concept of open source. At this moment, there is no better platform to facilitate open source than Github, where anyone can contribute and create a Pull Request.
For more information on what Open Source means, I encourage you to read this guide.

Currently, the title post of this thread says "Plugins... Coding" without any indication of the progress so far (even with not much progress - that's OK! The goal should be transparency). With putting the plugins on GitHub, even unfinished, people can see the progress for themselves.

If your worry is to 'release' something that isn't quite ready yet, then simply do not phrase it as a 'release'. Specifically, you are opening the source of the project to the community (open source). To further enforce that idea, the pre-release versions would start with zero - you can use the same versioning conventions that RPG Maker uses which is called Semantic Versioning. For example, you would start with v0.1.0 if it's not ready to be used yet.

Of course, if you don't wish the project to be open source, you don't have to, as the project manager it is your choice. However, I would be curious to learn why you created a poll on this thread if you weren't intending to make it open source.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aloe Guvner as talking of Transparency, I will just edit the Thread for Plugin Progress.

Secondly, I wanted to know what is people preference, just the Free Plugin or Open Source Contribution. Obviously the Plan is to Host the Plugins on GitHub (or similar website)

I can upload the MM_BattleEngine.js but I was thinking to upload a somewhat working Plugin, so are GitHub page just don't suddenly fills with 100s of Pull request, and People screaming on the piece of ****.

Issues.png

Whereas you can Join us on Discord for Daily updates.

Last edited:

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well good luck to you on it, I'll keep an eye out and if I see it on Github I'll look to see if I can contribute to it.

batistaa65

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
i could help with eventing (primary)
or mapper (secondary)

suryaansh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hindi
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello I would Like to have a post of ideaman(7) and here is my idea for mailing system we can use jk mail system plugin and for changing pokemon we can use party manager plugin by himeworks and for catching pokemons easily there is an another plugin

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Glad to see this idea taking shape. Hope this gets done and I'm looking forward to the games made with it!

CatFish21sm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I wouldn't mind helping out where I can.
I'm the jack of all trades, master of none kinda guy. I work best as a refiner, I'm very experienced as an editor in PS. While I'm bad at starting from scratch I can take a basic design and improve it very well. I have a LOT of experience as a grammar checker. I know some JS, don't really count on me for that. I've written a few stories myself, so I can help with script writing (not javascript), and I love mapping (though I will not claim to be good at it at all)
My best skills are research (I literally have a bachelors degree in this), so I'm very good at finding solutions to per-existing problems.
And creative work arounds, so I'm very good at creating solutions to pre-existing problems (Mostly through extraneous convoluted algorithms though)
If you need to see proof of any of these I mentioned then let me know, I'll send something to you.
I will say ahead of time though, I have a busy life so I can't devote a-lot of time to this project, but I'll be happy to do what I can.

PS your mentioned you were working on fishing I love fishing, I think I can help with this, what type of bait are you using (does it look like a tiny magic carp?) also I hope you're using lure balls, you cant call yourself a fisherman without lure balls!
In all seriousness though, if this is still an issue I do think I could help.

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I first saw this project some month ago, I actully expected this to stick a bit to the original games like the old Essentials for XP.:kaomad2:

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Gey I heard Pokemon Essentials was shut down by Nintendo. What is going to happen with your project now?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShinGamix @FoxySeta
they can't shut this down as long as he doesn't use the name or the resources from ninetendo.
But that is also why this hasn't got far yet, because it is too much work to create all pictures legally instead of ripping them.

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShinGamix @FoxySeta
they can't shut this down as long as he doesn't use the name or the resources from ninetendo.
But that is also why this hasn't got far yet, because it is too much work to create all pictures legally instead of ripping them.
Thanks for the answer! I'm pretty sure some of the screenshots do show some ripped resource (like those bulbasaur sprites), though. Also, may I know if you mods have any problem with posting projects containing ripped resources as well? Cuz I kinda wanted to do the same with a maker for another series.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
FoxySeta
yes there are rules against ripped resources here to the best of my knowledge. but I am super excited about this project. If you need some help pm me.

Last edited:

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So with the C+D from Nintendo, have you still a desire to continue this? Or is it it done? I think you can still pull it, but you might want to remove the Pokemon stuff and just use the RTP monsters AND MAYBE tweak the mechanics.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
According to his profile, the OP has not been on here since August 13th 2018. It might be safe to assume this project is discontinued by them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lanzy