Primarily Uses
RMMV
Monster Village-IGMC Entry
screenshot.png

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
Fishing.png questjournal.png romancing.png skills_favor.png screen2.png

DOWNLOAD LINK
Please be sure to leave a comment and rate my game!! If I get a lot of feedback, I'll know that a sequel is worth making!
https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/336483

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
  • Matsuki: The main character, 20 and a bit indecisive, but ready to choose her own way and create her own home for herself. Has had a crush on Shiori since they were children.
  • Tobi: The main character’s little brother. At 4 years old, he’s just plain adorable and love’s his big sister.
  • Suki: Matski and Tobi’s mother and wife of Misha. A kind and warm spirit, she owns the tavern in town, and is a woman of many talents, able to hold her own liquor and win a fight in any course of a night, she is a wild spirit only tied here by the strength of the love for her husband and children.
  • Misha: Matski and Tobi’s father and husband of Suki. A writer, his manuscript is almost completed, chronicling much of the tensions of the human/Drakul conflict. A staunch believer in lasting peace, he plans to bring his completed manuscript to a publisher, so that those from far and wide can create the harmony that their world used to have.
  • Shiori: The love interest of Matski, wants to open a flower and herb shop. Strong willed and determined, she knows what she wants with her future, inspiring Matski. When the two were young a human hunter was chasing them, but Chiori used her magic to scare the human away, cementing them as friends.
  • Sachi: The village elder and grandmother of Chiori, she lives within the shrine and is protected due to it. A young soul she prides herself in having the bawdiest jokes any in the town has ever seen.
  • Genko: The village’s protector and sole soldier. A retired member of Lord Drake, leader of the Drakul’s army. An old friend of Suki, he believes in peace, but doesn’t believe the world can achieve it. Has a deep seated hatred of humans.
  • Lieza: Farmer with the absolute worst mummy puns in the world, but she’s loved for it.
  • Tolkien: Blacksmith of the town, Terse and to the point, he genuinely wants Matski to be careful in his forge because he’s seen too many be injured in his craft.
  • Menke: Weaver of the finest silks, a bit pretentious and always in search of a profit. Nothing is good enough for his two children: Jet and Sara.
  • Jet and Sara: Twin 7 year olds, always wearing the finest of clothes. Kind and happy to help collect flowers for Shiori and Matski.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
The Drakul are a race of non-humans, some nomadic, some not, just like the human nations. But to the humans, their simply Yokul, or demons, hated beings they clash with at times. But this story isn’t about that, this is the story of a small little valley, near the cat’s eye stream, bordering the no-lands of forgotten shadow, the small town of Quin-song, the place of peace. Far enough away from the borders of Men and near no military bases, this small village has enjoyed peace in these troubled times, and life continues there as it always has, with seldom visitors or people leaving, it is a place untouched by Man’s greed or of Drakul’s pride.

Matski is a young Drakul about to be accepted by her village as a full blown adult. As part of her village’s customs, she is volunteering with the master of whichever craft she decides for herself. Once she completes the volunteering and is accepted full-time by the master, she will be given her adult name and allowed to pursue a partner for herself. Eyeing the beautiful Shiori (much to the amusement and teasing of her younger sibling), the two are beginning to hit things off and slowly build their relationship up until her adulthood.

SECTION D: FEATURES
  • 5 different professions, each unlocking more of the game, letting the player choose his/her own gameplay
  • Farming, Forging, Fighting, Fishing, Mining, Clothes Making, and Cooking systems all implemented!
  • 1 childhood friend you can try to win over before the end of the game!
  • Carefully crafted story with extra details and lore for those who want to talk to the townspeople everyday!

LexnNitro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Murica
Primarily Uses
Looks cool

Can you make a Mac Build for me? If no I understand.

How did you imeplement your farming system?

Chez

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As
Looks cool

Can you make a Mac Build for me? If no I understand.

How did you imeplement your farming system?
So as for right now it's entered in the IGMC contest and I'm unsure if I can add the mac version until after the contest. If I cant then I'll add it to the log list to add after the contest is over!

As far as the farming system it's completely done through eventing(took a looooonnngg time), the same as my mining, fishing, and job system. Theres a main common event for all of my "next day" functions and each plot is a separate event (and theyre all unique and couldnt be copy/pasted which let me tell u took hours). Where you wanting to create your own similar system? I'd be happy to help if that's the case.

LexnNitro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Murica
Primarily Uses
Ya im working on my own game right now, I've settled on using Chrono Engine ABS so that all of the gameplay is done as ARPG and no processing to battle.

I was going to use Galv event timer plugins to self-switch-A the plants to harvestable and harvested, then reset every X minutes but either I'm doing something wrong or Galv and Chrono plugins do not cooperate. Maybe there is a single plugin in the Chrono engine I can turn off and then use Galv.

But in the end maybe Galv isn't the way to go. The more I think about the more I need to consider a day, week, season system.

Chez

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LexnNitro I actually ran into the same problem, so you can either post in the support forum, or you can do something evented? Eventing it all is a bit complicated and can be really time consuming, but then you ultimately have control over it. If you wanted a plugin for a day/night system I recommend either Vlue's or Huddell. Huddell in particular I believe has made his own farming game and has tutorials on it. While I personally like the freedom of eventing, a plugin may work for something as complex as you want. Keep in mind though that making the kind of system you want isn't easy. This system of mine works well because I only have 5 in game days, and it still took me hours and days and weeks of testing to get it right. I hope that this helps you out!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol
It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arkyn3K