Monsters Follow Trainer Sprite, HGSS Style (Kinda)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by NovelBallon79, Jun 21, 2019.

1. NovelBallon79

NovelBallon79 NPC Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I made a thread looking for help to replicate this effect with other plugins, but I honestly think its best to ask for either an add on to a pluggin or a new one entirely.
    For this plugin, I would like for their to be a Trainer sprite, like SumRndmDdes pluggin, where there is a seprate sprite from the actors. I would like for the whole party to be "shoved" behind this Trainer sprite, where normally the trainer would override the 1st actor in the party and the others would show.
    Example: Behind Red is a Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasuar, and Squirtle. Red is not an actor,unable to battle or appear in menus, but a graphic.

An alternative I have is more like Yokai Watch 2 or Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee, where the player can pick any actor they have to appear behind the Trainer sprite (Well, Lets Go is Pikachu/Eevee but the point is the sprite is there, even if it isn't on the team).
    Example: Despite not having an Eevee on his team, Red has an Eevee on his shoulders.

I would prefer the pluggin to be Free for Commercial Products, but at the end of the day you're not getting paid for your hard work so do what you see fit.
    I think a lot of people love having Monsters follow you in these Monster Taming games, so I believe other people would actually use it.
    Edit: Whoops I accidentally posted this is Releases, sorry about that!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

On a different note - if you are even thinking of going commercial with a game which sounds as if you will be using Pokemon elements, think again. Nintendo is very aggressive about taking down games like that. If, on the other hand, you are simply using commonly known Pokemon characters and features as a shorthand to describe characters which will look completely different, and have different names, then no problem.

3. NovelBallon79

NovelBallon79 NPC Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank youfor the advice, but yes, I am just using the characers as a shorthand for the plugin. The game will have its own mechanics/monsters/characters/etc.

4. NovelBallon79

NovelBallon79 NPC Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think now is an appropriate time to "bump" this.