Monsters' Mapping Workshop

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by odinnightowl, Feb 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. odinnightowl

odinnightowl Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    As it has been brought to my attention, I need to up my mapping game prior to going paid route of mapping. So in order to do this I will be offering my services for free for a short while.

Rules are simple, I can make maps on any of the RPG Makers as I own them all. You must also own a legal copy of the software to use it as well.

Any maps I make are free for Non-Commercial use with credit. If you want to use them in a Commercial project, then please send me a PM with details of your game. ( No payment will be needed, I simply want to see the game and enjoy free copies)

Once I have finished the map, I will send you a screenshot. If you would like to make small adjustments, let me know then. If you are happy, I will give you a project for you to copy/paste the map from.

Please wait a significant amount of time before making another request (Like a few weeks or so)

Please fill out the following form to make your request:

Name: What is your username?
    Project Name: Your projects name.
    Style: Outside, Inside, World Map, Dungeon etc..
    Style Details: e.g: Ice Dungeon with Rock Crystals. Or: Forest with one huge tree in the middle.
    Exits/Entrances: How does the player get in and out of your map? e.g: Cave Entrance in the south, deeper passage in the north.

Tiles: Which tileset? How do I get it? (if it's paid I have to have it beforehand (Unless you want to donate it)

RPG Maker: Which is this for? VX, VX Ace or MV?
    Other:Any more information?

Once you have wrote your request, please allow up to 48 Hours for me to see it, if I don't feel free to send me a message or something.
    After I have acknowledged your request, allow up to a week for it to be completed. Usually it shouldn't be more than a day or two though.

If you have any questions, put them in this thread.

desert.png

mountain.png

Rpg maker forest.png

rpg maker snow forest.png

shop.png

Town.png

worldmap.png

2. Nekohime1989

Nekohime1989 'Monks Are Awesome' Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Name: Rachnera
    Project Name: Manor Mouse (their is a link in my sig, feel free to click on it)
    Style: Outside (50x100 tiles) or 2400x4800
    Style Details: Vista Hill, is a grassy mountainous area. It should be Mazy and have two chest.
    Exits/Entrances: Entrance from the center south and lowest elevation. and exit to the center north at higher elevation.
    Tiles: I'll send you a PM shortly.
    RPG Maker: RPG Maker MV
    Other: Orange Overlay is in use but that shouldn't be a problem even if it's not parallax I can easily convert it so dont worry. Just an image is needed. :kaojoy:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  3. odinnightowl

odinnightowl Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Nice large map ok. I will be working on this and update you via message as I go.

4. Nekohime1989

Nekohime1989 'Monks Are Awesome' Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds good.

5. Rose Guardian

Rose Guardian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I did pm you a few questions, but then noticed I should request here.
    Name: Rose Guardian
    Project Name: Militibus Elementis
    Style: Outside/Burning Village(Size: 40x40)
    Style Details: It's a village that is on fire, and basically ruins
    Exits/Entrances: The player enters the map from the bottom, and exits from the bottom

Tiles: RPG Maker Fes tiles(Please let me know if you have those, or not, if not I'll try to figure out something if possible)

Other: It will use the Sepia screen tone, and a fog overly

6. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @odinnightowl
    Hello! I think my Sorceria Open project may be a great place for you to practice and showcase your maps. Follow this link:
    https://sorceria.weebly.com/how-it-works.html
    or click on my banner below to see the details.

The short of it is that it's a site where anyone can share maps with everyone else, and you can use it as a showcase for a collection of your maps.

Here's the request form:
    Name: watermark
    Project Name: Sorceria Open
    Style: Any or all.
    Style Details: Think it would be great if you can take one whole Region.
    Exits/Entrances: Depends on map.

7. Marsigne

Marsigne Sephiroth Veteran

First Language:
    Other
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Name: Marsigne
    Project Name: In Progress
    Style: Outside
    Style Details: A small town in the center with campings around it, like a town being seized.
    Exits/Entrances: Both are either from the north/south.
    Tiles: RTP

8. Tanarex

Tanarex Scrub Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Name: Tanarex
    Project Name: Dance of the Damned
    Style: Outside
    Style Details: Orc Camp with animal pens (Giants stakes sounding a pit) for mounts, barracks, leaders tent, a cage also made with stakes for a giant monster. Cooking pot to serve humans. Small Human prisoners cage.
    Exits/Entrances: Players start at the beginning of the camp and fight their way to the end where the monster and leader's tent is held. There is a magic portal lets say from the left side.
    Tiles: Orc Camp tileset from Candacis.
    RPG Maker: VX Ace
    Other: Map size 50 by 50. Has a long singular winding path leading to boss battle at the end.

9. BlitzMalachite

BlitzMalachite The Masterminded Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Name: Jaase | Map Name: Aluria Valley
    Project Name: Shadow Screech: Ragnarok's Call (Chapter I)
    Style: a Grassy, Fairy-Like Outside Town. Size (Your opinion. Its a small town so I recommend 40x40 matching screen resolution 1280x720).
    Style Details: Fairy-Meadows, Fantasy Monsters, Enchanted Flowers, Fairy Cabins, Mushroom Gnomes, Ad everything else that's fairy like.
    Also there's an magic totem that cures the one that touches it.
    Exits/Entrances: The player enters from the west. And exits from the north. (Sounds complicated. Don't you think?)

Tiles: First Seed Material Forest Tiles combined with Nature Tiles & Fantasy Houses.

Other: If you're interested in MOGs Weather Effects. Then add floating firefly graphics, And then add a fog.

One last thing: There two maps I would like. One that is the town, & one that is the forest. The forest is the place were the boss is. What those the boss area look like exactly? Its a dungeon covered in vines and mossy flowers. When we go into the dungeon we see the boss awaiting our arrival.

(Difficulty: Might take a few days to make in the fact I would like two maps.)