Koi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a part in my game where monsters will come out at you when triggered by a floor tile. All of them work, except for one where two come out at once. This is strange because these have worked for about a year, and suddenly after making changes to the game that have nothing to do with this part at all, in any way, these two specific monsters won't come out. And I don't think it's because two come out at once either, because on the previous map the same thing happens and it works fine.

Here's some screenshots for the event tabs.

For the monsters:

The first one I'm not gonna show because it's just blank. Waiting to be triggered. Then, the second tab:

6_zpsb2a93baf.png

This monster is triggered by the switch BM7. And then yadda yadda you get the monster graphic, battle processing, then BM-7NO is to activate the third tab which just deletes the event.

Now, here's the event processing for the trigger tile:

8_zps2e4cd8bb.png

Interestingly enough, everything in this works EXCEPT for the monster switch (BM7). The sound effects happen, but nothing else. It switches on BM7, but it doesn't affect the monster events.

Something interesting to note is that when I start the player position at this area to begin a new game, it works just fine. But playing it through? Nope. Suddenly it doesn't work.

I have no idea what's going on and it's really bothering me.

Any ideas of what to do?

kogunenjou

Well-Meaning Amateur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you changed tilesets in the area? Perhaps it's getting stuck on an impassible tile?

Koi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you changed tilesets in the area? Perhaps it's getting stuck on an impassible tile?
Nope, that's not happening either. And I actually just did a speed run-through of my entire game (I have a "test weapon" that I use to obliterate whatever monsters I have to fight just to get through them) since it's only half done and wouldn't take too long, and they suddenly worked again.

Maybe the glitch was happening because I kept on making changes then working from save points? Like, an actual glitch, not a fixable problem.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds like something else is also affecting the switch, something that needs the playthrough to that point to be triggered.

I suggest you testplay it and check the current status of all switches during that playtest until you find the one that goes wrong.

Also, please provide ALL screenshots of the Monster event - the priority makes the higher number pages the more important pages, which means that the page 3 is more important to see than the page 2 you provided in the screenshot. If that third page is triggered by something else, then your switch 15:BM7 will never be checked because the third page has the higher priority.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's on the OTHER tabs of those events?

Death's Assistant

Death's Assistant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Post screenshots of all the Tabs! It'll give everyone a better idea of how to help you out :p

kogunenjou

Well-Meaning Amateur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nope, that's not happening either. And I actually just did a speed run-through of my entire game (I have a "test weapon" that I use to obliterate whatever monsters I have to fight just to get through them) since it's only half done and wouldn't take too long, and they suddenly worked again.

Maybe the glitch was happening because I kept on making changes then working from save points? Like, an actual glitch, not a fixable problem.
That was going to be my next suggestion. Glad everything works!

Koi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just decided to copy the two-monster event from the previous map and paste it in. Fixed the problem. I'm not sure why it wasn't working before. If I encounter the problem again on a different map, I'll contact you again.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gotta love when RM just decides it's done with existence and closes when you're in an event.
Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fooples