Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, I don't have a demo. I don't recall seeing a demo in Moogle_X's thread either.

I can say that if you want to use it on NPCs, then those NPCs need to be actors. You don't need to add them to the party, but they need to exist in the database as actors in order for this plugin to know about them.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I learn more from a demo setup up,
I have a single actor (no party), so FP arent earn from battles or etc, just
from gaing from quest, which is possible through plugin command so far
I saw it.

So I need to figure it out how to set it up, level and compare level the level
of the NPC in a conditinal branch.

but a small demo to see it in action would be wonderfull or if any have a setup
that works to give a link of 1 map, so I can check it.

SirShadyVI

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm quite new to RMMV and don't know much. When I try to follow the steps, an error pops up.
What I have done so far is simply put the tags <ASF Leader> and <ASF Friend> on the right actor.

I made a test event to send the plugin commands in this order:

ASF Show Leader 1 (main character and first on the actor list)
ASF Show Friend 3 Leader 1 (a friend and the third actor on the list)

After doing this, opening the scene would result in the error message:

"TypeError - Cannot read property 'faceName' of null".

Does this have to do with the naming of the face image file? Or is it something else entirely? I've been experimenting trying to figure it out for an hour or two but it either leads to a blank friendship screen or the error.

Could someone please explain this to me?

Edit: So it seems like I got past that using the multiple leaders, but the friends still won't show. Pressing on the empty places would just cause an error.

Last edited:

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, first of all, all note tags and plugin commands for this plugin should begin with AFS, not ASF, so that could be part of your problem.

I tried and couldn't reproduce your error message when there were no active friends, though I suppose it might be caused by having no friends configured... in any case, let me know if you still get it after fixing your note tags and plugin parameters.

I did get a similar error message when selecting the blank spot in the empty friends list, but it was actorId and undefined rather than faceName and null.

SirShadyVI

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, first of all, all note tags and plugin commands for this plugin should begin with AFS, not ASF, so that could be part of your problem.

I tried and couldn't reproduce your error message when there were no active friends, though I suppose it might be caused by having no friends configured... in any case, let me know if you still get it after fixing your note tags and plugin parameters.

I did get a similar error message when selecting the blank spot in the empty friends list, but it was actorId and undefined rather than faceName and null.
Alright, the ASF was just a mispelling in my message (I usually just copy pasted from the Notes area of the plugin to make sure this type of problem doesnt happen).

It seems like the faceName and null has suddenly gone (with no idea why), but the people I have tagged as "Friends" don't appear in the list. I'm using multiple leaders and even put the "DefaultAll Friends" to true. This should in theory work if I used the plugin commands. Is there something else I am missing?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So the scene does appear but is always blank?

Where did you put the "AFS Show Friend 3 Leader 1" plugin command? Could it be in a place that didn't get called?

If I recall correctly "default all friends" just means that all actors can be friends, in other words they're set up with the extra data needed for a friend. It doesn't mean they'll be shown in the list; you need to use the plugin command before anyone will appear in the list.

SirShadyVI

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So the scene does appear but is always blank?

Where did you put the "AFS Show Friend 3 Leader 1" plugin command? Could it be in a place that didn't get called?

If I recall correctly "default all friends" just means that all actors can be friends, in other words they're set up with the extra data needed for a friend. It doesn't mean they'll be shown in the list; you need to use the plugin command before anyone will appear in the list.
The scene does appear, and it shows the leader. I set up an event to send the plugin commands in order for them to appear, which was the "AFS Show Friend 3 Leader 1" plugin command. After going in-game and activating the event, nothing changed. The friend still doesn't show for Leader 1.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the friend have the <AFS Friend> note tag? Or alternatively do you have Default All Friends set?

SirShadyVI

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the friend have the <AFS Friend> note tag? Or alternatively do you have Default All Friends set?
Yes, the tag <AFS Friend> is there. I've also turned on Default All Friends just in case the note tag was the problem.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After going in-game and activating the event, nothing changed.
You're 100% that the event activated? For example, does it do something visible after running the show friend command?

The actor with <AFS Friend> is actor 3, right?

Do you have "default all leaders" active? If not, does the leader (actor ID 1) have the <AFS Leader> note tag?

I'm just trying to run through everything I can think of that might be expected to cause the issue. If it's not one of those, I can be more and more certain that there's an actual bug somewhere.

KuraSuki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I am having this exact same problem on my end as well, regardless of if I use the note tags or default setting this error will show up when trying to add a friend to the friendship list and then trying to view the list in the menu. Though it will let you see the menu if you have no actors added yet, or if you've added any number of leaders, as soon as I try to add a friend though it will crash.

I made a completely new game with no other plugins to see if it may have been clashing with another, and I still end up getting the 'facename' null error.

Edit: To further expand on this a little bit, I downloaded and tried the old version of this plugin from the original thread by Moogle_X and I do not get this crash when I try to enter the friendship list and can view it without problem. No changes made to any of the plugin commands used in the events and actor notes or plugin settings, I only turned on the 2.08 version instead of the 3.0.1 version. (I am running version 1.6.2 of RPG maker)

I don't know if that helps any to try and locate the problem, but I thought I would add more information. This is a really great looking plugin that I can't wait to start using in my games, been hoping to implement something like this for a while.

Last edited:

Gabbypie64

Aster World Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you plan to make a conterpart for npc/play relenship

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use this for NPC-player relationships. Just create an actor for each NPC. Even if you don't add that actor to the party, it will serve to hold the relationship information between the NPC and the player.

Regarding the issues some people are having, I've been unable to reproduce them. If someone can send me a minimal project that shows the bug, that would be a great help in figuring out the problem. I'll find some time to investigate it myself, too, but it could take awhile.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Me too. I am testing on an empty project. When I try to add friends using the plug-in command AFS Show Friend 3 Leader 1, I will receive the error'facename' of null when I open the friendship menu.
Plug-in default parameters All Leaders and All Friends have been set to true

KuraSuki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've managed to get kind of get this to work??? But not very ideal.

For the error to stop showing up EVERY ACTOR in the game project needs to be on the list via the AFS Show Friend # Leader # command, and if you have multiple leaders, must be on all of their lists as well. The actors also cannot be hidden with the 'hide' command for it to not crash, if I don't include absolutely everyone, or I hide them from the list, it will crash on me with this error again. (I swear I was able to figure out how to hide them once, but then never was able to do it again??? even when I didn't touch the code that I thought worked the first time???)

So right now, the 'friends' list is just a spoilers section for every single character you're going to run into in the game. Which is not ideal, but workable rn for testing and while still in the creation phase because at least I can still add the events that raise or lower friendship and all the other stuff. But it's defiantly something that would not be ideal once the game is to be played.

Plug-in default parameters are set to all leaders and all friends as true.

Sloff1155

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does this work on MZ and if not can you please port it to MZ?????

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't expect it to work on MZ, and I cannot port it since I don't own MZ. If I ever buy MZ, I'll probably port it then, but it won't be anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famas