Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Moral_of_the_Storyeditlazyv.jpg

NOTICE: There is one scene at the opening of the Action Hero demo featuring Bloody Tiles by Recife and some sprites placed into said tiles. I don't know if that counts as gore, but you have been warned.

bannerfans_13830021_2.jpg

Spoiler

Abstract.jpg

Synopsis.png

Spoiler

Choosing to play as a Cop, your job will be to collect and organize evidence, interview witnesses, and use stealth to serve your warrant and take down the criminals. Your wit will be your best weapon in this deadly game of cat and mouse as you chase a dangerous suspect and attempt to bring him to justice. Puzzles will be the main obstacle to progress, and combat will play an almost non-existent role in this scenario.

Playing as Action Hero will yield an experience far different from the Cop's, where you'll play by your own rules and bust the heads of those who try and obstruct the Justice that you attempt to serve in the only way you know how. Puzzles and evidence will play little part in this scenario, as you work to break the spirits and bodies of the henchmen who stand in your way while you hunt down a wanted and dangerous criminal.  

Characters.jpg

Cop.jpg
M_Johnson.jpg
Action_Hero.jpg
Brock_Rockatansky.jpg
The_chief_2.jpg
The_Chief.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshots.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg

Spoiler

Credits.jpg
for_credits1a.jpg

Download.jpg
      Without RTP

Download.jpg
      With RTP

Synops.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
T-Twerk? That's an option?

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ha haha. Yeah, it's just a 10 second gag. I think I should bury it somewhere as an easter egg.

Sato1999

Yangfly Master(Previously)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I could not finish it...

The blonde dude route was not finished.

Whatever but you could use some decent graphics for the face,take off the sword on brock's back. And a lot of changes to the graphics(rpg maker has a generator...)

And there is a free generator in charas project(search on google)

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That is sad to hear. Where did Johnson's route end for you? If it was after you start your computer, I need to add on my map title that you're in "Cyberspace". You use a bot to roam and open the chests to retrieve your files.

And could you clarify what you mean by "changes to the graphics"? Which ones in particular? Some of the faces I deliberately used pics.

Thank you for playing my game, and giving your opinion! It is very much appreciated. Is the general consensus being that one should NOT use photos with video game graphics? 

I could swear I had edited this post... I Fixed the game breaking loop I had found in Johnson's scenario. Instead of walking out the door, your character would just get stuck because it wasn't set to move over 1 tile. That is no longer an issue!

Sato1999

Yangfly Master(Previously)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was talking about brock and jonson.

And i found somewhat funny the chief.

I wonder what this cop is gonna do when he discovers that his pic was used in a rpg game...

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Holy Bovines! I've completely updated this demo! Now, there are no broken sections in Johnson's scenario, the "Twerk" option has been regretablly disabled for the time being, (come on, that was funny! And it will be back. :D) and I still don't have a completed game made from it yet. Going on 2 years, now? Heh, but I have been working on a lot of other games.

All in all, it is coming together very well, I have nearly completed Johnson's scenario, and Rockatansky's side of the game, while not heavily represented in the demo, is also nearly finished. Give 'Moral of the Story' a try, and let me know what you think about it. If you like it, be sure check out some of our other games!

BTW, Sorry this topic is such a mess, I hope to be able to fix it in the next couple of days, but I have no internet access and rely on the library, so I try to cram a bunch of research, social obligations, video game & music updates and much more into a short window of time. It's FUN!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baskbask