More Battle Options Plugin?

OldManHan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've read plenty of threads concerning this, and none of the linked plugins seem to help.
I'm looking for a plugin/option that allows customization of the battle menu per-fighter.

For example:
Instead of performing a simple attack, could "Attack" open a menu of various specific moves?
Could "Magic" get swapped with "Skills"?
Could extra options be added? Such as "Stances", or a Final Fantasy-Esque "Limit" option?

I hope something like this exists. Thank you.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Closest i know of, unsure if it works with commands tho.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also thought of the skill extender plugin.

Another good one is Yanfly Weapon Unleash. It lets you change attack and guard commands to another skill, which you can set either by equipment note tag, class note tag, or actor note tag. I am unsure if skill extender will work in conjunction with the attack command being replaced with a skill though. I wanna say I read at one point someone who commented that it did not behave correctly, but I haven't tested myself.

As far as which commands appear for an actor in the battle scene, this is possible without plugins to some extent. You can create various skill types and only the skill types you've assigned to a class will show up for the actor who has been assigned that class. So you could have one actor with 'Magic' and another with 'Skills'.

OldManHan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also thought of the skill extender plugin.

Another good one is Yanfly Weapon Unleash. It lets you change attack and guard commands to another skill, which you can set either by equipment note tag, class note tag, or actor note tag. I am unsure if skill extender will work in conjunction with the attack command being replaced with a skill though. I wanna say I read at one point someone who commented that it did not behave correctly, but I haven't tested myself.

As far as which commands appear for an actor in the battle scene, this is possible without plugins to some extent. You can create various skill types and only the skill types you've assigned to a class will show up for the actor who has been assigned that class. So you could have one actor with 'Magic' and another with 'Skills'.
Thanks. I'll see if it's compatible or not.

OldManHan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now, what would really be interesting is if I could show a description for each move before selecting them.. That would be more advanced though, since it would have to work with Skill Extender. Not mandatory, anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips