More battler frames plugin(s) - solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm trying to add more than 3 frames for my battlers but I can't find a plugin that's able to do it which is not also outdated. For various reasons, I have to use the latest MV version and the only two plugins that I know of that can do this does not work (anymore).

Here's the plugins I know of (that doesn't work):

YED_SideviewBattler.js
Lib's BattleMotion.js

I'd need something that's compatible with yanfly engine plugins as well as applies to actors and enemies.

Is there a workaround here or something to be done, or is it better to give up on the 4-frame animations for now? Commissioning someone to update one of the above scripts might be an option but it's outside of my budget at the moment.

Thanks for any replies.

Choraß

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The best i could find is from Yami Engine Delta - Sideview Battler Enhancement .
Edit: Oh "YED" is Yami Engine Delta.. Sorry skip it please. :eswt:

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Blank7

Is the "Yami Engine Delta - Sideview Battler Enhancement" an updated version of "YED_SideviewBattler.js" that I mentioned above? Otherwise, it's not up to date and seems to have conflicts with Yanfly. Also think it might not work properly with action sequencing.

Choraß

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes it is.. :eswt: i realized it later that's exactly the same you mentioned it.
How about this Plugin by Victor Sant?

Battler Graphic Setup - "This plugin allows you to setup battlers that have different models than the RPG Maker MV default. You can have animated enemies, static actors and use charsets as battlers. You can even setup animated graphics that follows a different model, with more frames and motions."

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Blank7
Thank you, I was aware of the plugin but not that it could support more frames. It's not been updated or supported in years but it looks to be the best option so far so I'll give it a shot.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
actually I'm using YED and having no issues... but I also had to have a patch commisioned to get it to that point. there was an updated version of YED floating around that fixed some issues, but it didn't fix a hitbox issue, aka my enemies hitboxes were HUGE... but now the original version works perfectly with Yanfly's Animated Enemies and whatnot. https://banned.url/compatibility-yedyep-svenemies here's the patch if you wanted to give it a try.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump! Hello! Im sorry for this necro post but I also have this very same problem with Yami's Side-view battlers that gives more frames... While Im able to have more frames in the battlers, the problem is that it seems to clash with Yanfly's action sequences... In that, the Yanfly action sequence will not recognize the new frames. :( X(

If there are still some solutions for this, it is greatly appreciated. ^_^

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Starmage , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please make a new thread with your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batbrii