More character frames plugins

TheSevenWonders

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I recently tried two different plugins which were the Victor engine and more_character_frames plugins. Both cut off my sprites and they only appear halfway in game. If you anyone can tell me how to use one of these plugins correctly or find me another plugin for more character frames then that would be great. Thanks.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spritesheets need each sprite to be of the same size. Other than that using that plugin should be natural. I used to use Shaz's and Galv's and both worked without a problem.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "they only appear halfway"? If you put more than 3 frames on your spritesheet, it is not going to shop up properly in the editor, because plugins don't affect the editor - they affect the game being played.

If you have an issue when you PLAY the game, please post a link to the plugin you're using and a screenshot of what it looks like in-game, and also attach the spritesheet you're using.

Note for my plugins (which might be the more_character_frames) - if you just save directly from pastebin, it will save with the wrong name. You MAY have to rename it correctly or it might not work properly.

SergioV7

Normie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would recommend Galv´s Frames, since its compatible with Galv´s Animatons & Diagonal Movement, So it would be very polished say 8 frames per animation including Idle, Running, Dashing, Jump in 8 directions, it can be more tedious but it´s worth it

Also did you modified the sprite´s size?

TheSevenWonders

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would recommend Galv´s Frames, since its compatible with Galv´s Animatons & Diagonal Movement, So it would be very polished say 8 frames per animation including Idle, Running, Dashing, Jump in 8 directions, it can be more tedious but it´s worth it

Also did you modified the sprite´s size?
Can you by any chance show me an example. Lets say I use Galv's plugin and I use this sprite sheet which is not mine I'm just using it for this example. Would I rename it to "test%(8)" ?

UPDATE

I figured something out, I added "!$" and it works perfectly. Usually I use either ! or $ but that made the sprites cut off.

Attachments

Last edited:

SergioV7

Normie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you by any chance show me an example. Lets say I use Galv's plugin and I use this sprite sheet which is not mine I'm just using it for this example. Would I rename it to "test%(8)" ?
Yes, say for example you only want to use the standard 3 frames, but with aditional anims, and diagonal movement
your sprite sheet should look like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4g3cmi96wpb11j/Actor1.png?dl=0

Since in this example we are not using more frames, the frames have the standard order 2,3,1,2 (i think)

But if you want to use more frames.

1.- Order them as 1,2,3,4
2.-Make the size bigger so it would fit say 1 extra frame per animation

Also is you dont want diagonal movement, but you do want the animations, it can work too.

every plug in can work alone but it looks better with all together

TheSevenWonders

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, say for example you only want to use the standard 3 frames, but with aditional anims, and diagonal movement
your sprite sheet should look like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4g3cmi96wpb11j/Actor1.png?dl=0

Since in this example we are not using more frames, the frames have the standard order 2,3,1,2 (i think)

But if you want to use more frames.

1.- Order them as 1,2,3,4
2.-Make the size bigger so it would fit say 1 extra frame per animation

Also is you dont want diagonal movement, but you do want the animations, it can work too.

every plug in can work alone but it looks better with all together
Everything is working now but I have one problem, I created an attacking animation for chrono engine's abs plugin but it still stays at the default 3 frame instead of 4, the animation plays on normal events. I assumed since I have the plugin for more frames it would work with ABS attacks. Is the more frames plugin only for walking?

Update

After so many hours I finally got my extra frames to work with chrono engine! It was irritating but worth it.

Last edited:

TheSevenWonders

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What was the problem and how did you fixed it?
I made a character punching that had 4 frames and it would not show the entire four frames when using chrono engine, I fixed it by checking walking and stepping in the event section. Sorry for all of these questions but I am probably going to be on the forums for a very long time. I am drawing everything myself so it gets really intense with having to program everything as well.

SergioV7

Normie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a character punching that had 4 frames and it would not show the entire four frames when using chrono engine, I fixed it by checking walking and stepping in the event section. Sorry for all of these questions but I am probably going to be on the forums for a very long time. I am drawing everything myself so it gets really intense with having to program everything as well.
No problem, im just the same, i´m more experienced with art, and im new to this engine, i´ve had a little experiencie with others, but they were direct coding, which its kind of easier for me, since i dont know how to call code in this engine

and im using all three plug ins, with each animation being 8 frames, so yeah, its a mess.

But im curious how does chrono engine work?

I mean did you need the extra frames plug in to make extra frames in chrono engine?

Send me a Private message sso we can help each other!

TheSevenWonders

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Chrono engine is a action battle system where you input the attack charset(sword, magic, tools) in the event along with its comments system instead of scripts so that you can fight on field instead of in the MV battler. I needed the extra frames to make my action animations more smooth because my punch character set was looked out of place. I'm working on what I hope to be a commercial game.

Wisshy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Chrono engine is a action battle system where you input the attack charset(sword, magic, tools) in the event along with its comments system instead of scripts so that you can fight on field instead of in the MV battler. I needed the extra frames to make my action animations more smooth because my punch character set was looked out of place. I'm working on what I hope to be a commercial game.
Have you completed It?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor