More customized EXP Distribution?

kkh829

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used 'Yanfly Party System' and 'HIME EXP Distibution' Plug-in.

But the two Plug-in have limited options.

It is strictly distributed according to the number of party member
e.g)
2 party member = Divide 50%
3 Party member = Divide 33.3333...%
4 party member = Divide 25%

But... What I really want.
e.g)
2 party member = Divide 75%
3 Party member = Divide 50%
4 Party member = Also Divide 50%

I don't care using a lot of work or Parallel Processes or Plug-in.
What should I do to solve this problem?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why use a plugin at all?

if you work a little bit around the numbers, you can get something similar by using the EXP Gain trait.

First off, by default the engine distributes 100% EXP to all party members, no matter how many. And then it can modify that EXP with the EXP Gain Trait - that will not be obvious because that trait is applied after the battleend displays the base numbers every actor gets, but what is really added to the actor is the modified number.

Then, make one or more states with the % you want to have applied, and have a common event count the number of actors and apply the correct state for the reduction to all party members.

That is a bit more tricky than simply having a plugin handle the mathematics in the background. But since your form will contain irregular divisions and the plugins have problems with that, doing it this way might be the only option left.

kkh829

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why use a plugin at all?

if you work a little bit around the numbers, you can get something similar by using the EXP Gain trait.

First off, by default the engine distributes 100% EXP to all party members, no matter how many. And then it can modify that EXP with the EXP Gain Trait - that will not be obvious because that trait is applied after the battleend displays the base numbers every actor gets, but what is really added to the actor is the modified number.

Then, make one or more states with the % you want to have applied, and have a common event count the number of actors and apply the correct state for the reduction to all party members.

That is a bit more tricky than simply having a plugin handle the mathematics in the background. But since your form will contain irregular divisions and the plugins have problems with that, doing it this way might be the only option left.

Your solution was SUPER DUPER simple.

Maybe you are some kind of genius?
or i am really stupid...

Anyway thank you for your answers

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4kWave