Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More Escape Codes
by Shaz

Introduction
This plugin allows additional escape codes to be used in message boxes.  The escape codes are configurable, in an effort to provide compatibility with other scripts that add their own new escape codes.

How to use
Add to your plugins folder (file name should be MoreEscapeCodes.js).  

If you want to use faces for message boxes rather than manually choosing a face graphic, enter the escape code for the face selection.  Default is f.  Then in your message box, add \f[1, 2] where 1 is the actor id from the actor's tab, and 2 is the index in the face graphic (remember the top left is index 0 in the faceset image).

You could use this when you allow the player to choose an actor graphic, or choose a gender or class and you use the Change Actor Graphic command to assign a graphic (including face) to that actor.  

You can also use the code multiple times in a single text box to make your actor change expressions.  For example:
\f[1,2]blah blah blah
\f[1,5]blah blah blah
will show the face at index 2, show the rest of the text on that line, then change the face to the one at index 5 and show the remaining text.

If you want to use actor nicknames in message boxes, enter the escape code for the nickname.  Default is h (for handle, as n is already used by the default scripts for name).  Then in your message box, add \h[1] to show actor 1's nickname.

Plugin
Download from pastebin

Credit
- Shaz

Terms
- free for use in commercial games

Last edited by a moderator:

izyees

My Secret Santa
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
it's not working... it show [1,2] instead of drawing the face, same as nickname handle.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Worked for me.  Even used generated faces to create a talking actor.  It's really awesome. :3

Thanks for this awesome plugin Shaz! :D

Rito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi there, don't change the filename of the Plugins! It will break them!
It worked ! Thanks so mush.

The name for the file will be "MoreEscapeCodes.js"

It write in the code :

var parameters = PluginManager.parameters('MoreEscapeCodes');

izyees

My Secret Santa
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
It worked ! Thanks so mush.

The name for the file will be "MoreEscapeCodes.js"

It write in the code :

var parameters = PluginManager.parameters('MoreEscapeCodes');
Yes. It'is now work for me, what you need to do is rename the plugin to MoreEscapeCodes.js or open the plugin with notepad and edit the var parameters = PluginManager.parameters('x');       where x is your filename without .js

NKato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is this version capable of doing busts instead of face portraits in messages, or will that be updated?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not in this version, but I will be adding it.  Give me a day or two, now that things are starting to settle down here :)

NKato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NKato, please do not post questions about other plugins/requests in unrelated threads.  Thank you.

NKato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
NKato, please do not post questions about other plugins/requests in unrelated threads.  Thank you.
Sorry, just wanting to get a response on that particular subject :rswt:   - the sooner I can see those plugins in action, the sooner I can start making concrete plans.

I'm looking forward to the bust functionality for MoreEscapeCodes.js :)

Arty Decco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Is there a way to make an actual escape magic spell  that calls a common event and remove the escape command from the menu? 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Um ... this plugin is for escape codes used in message boxes, and has nothing to do with escaping from battle.  Please post your question in the MV Support forum.

ShadowfireOmega

Finally found out how to change this!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Error: text is showing [1] instead of the new face for my actor.

Setup:

RPG Maker MV 1.2.0

Fresh Project

No other plugins active.

Following are the MEC plugin settings, the event settings, and the in game outcome.

Next are from the actual project, including a shot of the actor window

Outcome 2.jpg

event settings 2.jpg

Plugins and Settings.jpg

Actor settings.jpg

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

1.  * if the Face ID Index value is 'f', use \f[1,2] in a Show Text command

2.  * to add the face at index 2 of Actor 1's face graphic.  Remember indexes

3.  * start at 0.

It is not just the actor id, but the face index, that you need to include.  This allows one face sheet for each actor, with different expressions.

So if that face is the first on the sheet, you will use \f[102,0] - no spaces in any of that.

ShadowfireOmega

Finally found out how to change this!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks, now it works! I was going off what you put in the response to the post I made a few days ago, guess I should have read the notes as well xD

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I've written a few versions of this for the different engines.  I didn't read the notes either when I responded.  This is the first time I've given it two arguments.

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've made an edit to your plugin. I've added a new code/parameter called \pf, what it does is it's the same thing as \f the difference is that instead of using the actor id, it's based off the party member id.
So \f[1,0] give's the first image of actor 1's face graphic, while \pf[1,0] gives the first image of party member 1's face graphic..
the edited plugin is here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaporware_Studios